Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface
Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio InterfaceDetails
When you're looking for a rugged USB audio interface, ideal for recording and boasting low-noise power, PC, Mac and iPad compatibility and even Preamps, the Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX is a recording powerhouse, compactly stored in a small and convenient package.
Call our Roland Specialist for further information on: 0843 155 0500
Product Ref: 29372View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX has a surprising amount of features, designed for absolute convenience in the recording environment. It has MIDI input and output, Hi-Z input for electric guitar and bass, and is able to run either off USB bus power, an AC adapter or even three AA-size batteries. This portable audio interface is housed in a road-tough, compact aluminium case.
This interface comes with two digitally controlled mic preamps, made from premium-grade components that you can find in Roland's high-end digital mixers, including Roland's V-Studio 700 and M-400 digital mixer. You can connect via two XLR/TRS combo inputs and each has independent phantom power.
Quiet Three-Way Power Supply
Did you hear that? That's the clean, low-noise power supply, with balanced input and output. If you're powering the DUO-CAPTURE-EX via the computer's USB bus, the incoming power is regenerated, so you can expect the right voltage and optimised and consistent sound quality, when on the move.
For the Home Studio
Are you a hardcore producer, or just setting up in your bedroom. Station this portable interface on a table, plug a microphone into the XLR/TRS inputs and fire away. Or, if you're a guitarist or bassist, the Hi-Z input switch is designed specifically for recording direct. Compatibility is certainly essential and the DUO-CAPTURE EX works with WDM/ASIO via Windows, Core Audio via Mac and even through your iOS on your iPad! If you have an iPad, you could find yourself recording a professional quality whilst on the move!
Recording on the Move
And speaking of mobile recording, the DUO-CAPTURE EX's aluminium case provides rugged protection. You could store in a case or even in a backpack, as it weighs a mere 440 grams. You can even power it with three AA-batteries, or with an AC adapter if you have one or just via your computer's USB bus. All this through Roland's premium preamps and minimal-noise, and you'll be recording like a professional.
For the iPad Generation
If you have Apple's Camera Connection Kit, then you'd be surprised to know that the DUO-CAPTURE EX works with the iPad, so you can record everything you would normally into your iOS apps. Moreover, the DUO-CAPTURE EX can be used as a USB-MIDI interface, meaning you can use midi keyboards, electronic drums etc. and record straight to your iOS apps. (You cannot power or charge your iPad using the DUO-CAPTURE EX).
For more information about Roland’s range of audio interfaces please visit the Roland Website.
- Compatible with Windows (including Windows 8.1), Mac OS X, and iOS
- Audio Record/Playback Channels: 2 Playback channels
- Signal Processing: PC interface: 24 bits AD/DA Conversion
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Input Impedance: INPUT 1, 2 (XLR type): 4 k ohms or greater (balanced) INPUT 1, 2 (1/4-inch TRS phone type): 34 k ohms or greater (balanced)
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT L, R: 2 k ohms (balanced) PHONES: 47 ohms
- Frequency Response: 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 22 kHz (+0/-2 dB) 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
Owner's Manual Read Me First License Agreement DUO-CAPTURE EX Driver CD-ROM, USB cable and Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3Size and Weight:
- Width: 153 mm (6-1/16 inches)
- Depth 119 mm (4-11/16 inches)
- Height 47 mm (1-7/8 inches)
- Weight 460 g, 1 lbs. 1 oz.(excluding batteries)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.