Roland R-26 Portable Recorder
Roland R-26 Portable RecorderDetails
Discover True Multi-Dimensional Sound - Hand-held field recorders have been hot commodities for musicians, recording engineers, and sound designers for years. Today, the mercury rises in this dynamic market with the debut of the game-changing R-26. This innovative recorder is portable yet loaded with first-class, professional features, the likes of which the industry has not seen before.
Call our Boss Specialist for further information on: 0843 155 0500
Product Ref: 22364View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
There are two types of stereo microphones built into the R-26, plus a pair of XLR/TRS combo inputs for external mics, and an input for a stereo plug-in powered mic. Choose simultaneous combinations of the built-in mics (directional and omnidirectional), as well as the external inputs. Capture live performances with simultaneous line and ambient signal paths, record important speeches, lectures, and presentations, or take the R-26 into the inner city or deep forest for pristine field capture. The sky's the limit with this powerful, portable, and incredibly flexible recorder.
The R-26 features Roland's latest DSP engine, which allows simultaneous recording of up to six channels (three stereo channels). A large LCD touchscreen display lets you directly navigate menus for customizing the microphone settings, editing waveforms, and so on. It also features large input-level knobs for making precise adjustments.
Built-In Stereo Mics
Directional and omnidirectional stereo microphones are built into the R-26, and can be used simultaneously. This unique multi-stereo mic recording system lets you capture a wide stereo soundfield without spoiling the vibrant low frequencies and ambience of the venue.
Two XLR/TRS combo mic inputs are built into the R-26, plus an input for a stereo plug-in powered mic, which can be combined simultaneously with the internal mics. At a live concert, for example, the R-26 can capture a stereo mix from the FOH mixer via its XLR inputs, as well as the ambient audience noise via its built-in stereo mics.
Six-Channel Simultaneous Recording
The R-26 allows up to six channels of simultaneous recording (three stereo pairs). Capture the same sound source with three different types of microphones, both internal and external. This provides a new level of flexibility after the fact, as you can choose from the individual tracks or composite mixes.
You can connect the R-26 to your computer for use as an audio interface or for external storage. Use the R-26 in combination with the bundled SONAR LE software app to perform recording and detailed editing on your PC.
- Tracks: 6 (3 stereo)
- Signal Processing: AD/DA conversion: 24 bits, 96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz
- Data Type:
- WAVE/BWF: Sampling Rate: 96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz, Bit Depth: 24/16 bits
- MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3): Sampling Rate: 48/44.1 kHz, Bit Rates: 320/160/128 kbps
- WAVE + MP3: Sampling Rate: 48/44.1 kHz, Bit Depth: 16 bits, Bit Rates: 128 kbps
- WAVE: Sampling Rate: 96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz, Bit Depth: 24/16 bits
- MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3): Sampling Rate: 48/44.1 kHz, Bit Rates: 32-320 kbps or VBR (Variable Bit Rate)
- Memory Card:SD Card (SDHC format compatible)
- Audio Inputs:
- Internal Stereo Microphones: Omnidirectional (OMNI) mic Directional (XY) mic
- Analog inputs 1/L, 2/R (XLR/TRS Combo type): XLR type (phantom powered)
- 1/4-inch TRS phone type: (balanced/unbalanced)
- Plug-in powered mic input: (Stereo miniature phone type)
- Audio Output: Headphone jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
- Nominal Input Level(Variable):
- Analog inputs: 1/L, 2/R:+4, -2, -8, -14, -20, -26, -32, -38, -44, -50, -56, -62 dBu
- Plug-in powered mic input: LOW -7.5 dBu, MID -21 dBu, HIGH -26 dBu
- Input Level Knob: Center
- Input Impedance:
- Analog inputs: 1/L, 2/R : 5k ohms
- Plug-in powered mic input: 3k ohms (SENS = MID/HIGH), 2k ohms (SENS = LOW)
- Maximum Input:
- Analog inputs 1/L, 2/R: +24 dBu (SENS = +4 dBu)
- Plug-in powered mic input: +4 dBu (SENS = LOW)
- Output Level: 35 mW + 35 mW (In case 16 ohms load)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 16 ohms or greater
- Frequency Response: 16 ohms or greater
- Phantom Power: 48 V + or - 4 V - 10 mA or less in all channels
- USB Interface:
- Mini-B type connector
- USB mass storage device class
- USB audio (Hi-Speed USB)
- Display: 160 x 160 dots graphic display (touch screen)
- Power Supply:
- AC adaptor
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 or
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) X 4
- Current Draw: 500 mA (MAX)
- Owner's manual
- SD Card
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord
- Cakewalk SONAR LE DVD-ROM (for Windows)
- USB Cable (mini-B type)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.