SSL XLogic MX4 128 Channel MADI Digital Audio Interface
SSL XLogic MX4 128 Channel MADI Digital Audio InterfaceDetails
The MX4 from Solid State Logic is a PCIe based computer audio interface that offers 128 channels of digital audio inputs and outputs, a powerful multi-client software mixer, and DSP processing of included SSL EQ and dynamics plug ins. When installed in an available PCIe slot on a desktop PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 (compatible with Mac 10.4 and 10.5 as a MadiXtreme 128 - the mixer software and plug ins are not Mac compatible), and attached to an external SSL XLogic Alpha-Link converter via fiber optic cable, the full potential of the MX4's capabilities can be realized. The multi-client software mixer lets you address several audio recording applications simultaneously.
Product Ref: 43896View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
For applications that need high channel counts and cannot risk losing on audio quality, the MX4 offers a flexible and versatile solution. It acts as a large format SSL console for "in the box" workflows. The multi-client software mixer lets you send separate or duplicate mixes to several DAW audio applications, create individual headphone and monitor mixes, make custom "Mix Minus" feeds to fit different broadcasting situations, etc. You can design custom mixers to fit specific needs with mono, stereo, and 5.1 channels with any routing and bus architecture necessary.
You are provided with "console grade" SSL plug ins that run off of the integrated DSP processor without taxing your host computer. The included SSL Channel EQ is a 4-band parametric EQ with SSL's E and G series console characteristics. The SSL Channel Dynamics is a completely transparent compressor/gate/expander. The SSL Stereo Bus Compressor is none other than the beloved stereo bus compressor from the G Series of consoles. The MX4 also supports all SSL Soundscope DSP format plug ins.
- 128 channel MADI digital audio interface over fiber optic MADI
- Multi-client SSL software mixer
- DSP powered SSL processing plug-ins
- SSL 'PCIe-Core Audio Pipeline' drivers
- Multi client drivers - multiple audio applications appear in the mixer and access the I/O simultaneously
- Very high channel count, high sample rate recording & playback
- 2 x 64 channel optical MADI ports on half-length PCIe card
- 1 x wordclock connector (software controlled as input or output)
- Near zero latency (4 samples) delivers ideal monitoring environment
- Full Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) for VST plug-ins, I/O's and external processing/conversion delays
- Combine with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters to create complete audio I/O solutions
- Card Type: Half-Length PCIe Card (PCI Express), Not compatible with PCI or PCI-X
- Digital Inputs and Outputs: 2 x 64 channel optical MADI ports
- Word Clock: 1 x Wordclock Connector (Software controlled as Input or Output)
- Sample Rates: 22.500Hz (Multimedia), 32.000Hz (Video and Broadcast Standard), 44.056Hz (NTSC Drop Frame Pull Down of 44.1kHz), 44.100Hz (CD Standard), 47.952Hz (NTSC Drop Frame Pull Down of 48kHz, 48.000Hz (Broadcast Standard), 64.000Hz (Video), 88.112Hz (HD NTSC Drop Frame Pull Down of 88.2kHz), 88.200Hz (High Definition Audio), 95.904Hz (NTSC Drop Frame Pull Down of 96kHz), 96.000Hz (High Definition Audio and Video)
- Minimum System Requirements: Windows XP (SP2) or Vista (32-Bit) or Windows 7 (32-Bit), Intel or AMD, One free PCIe Slot, PCIe (PCI Express) is not compatible with PCI or PCI-X. Mac: The MX4 can run under OSX Tiger 10.4.11 or greater, and on OSX Leopard 10.5.4 or greater by using MadiXtreme Core Audio Drivers. Under the MAC OS the MX4 Card works as a MadiXtreme 128.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.