SSL XRack VHD Input Module XR627
SSL XRack VHD Input Module XR627Details
Product Ref: 43871View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Patented VHD Circuitry
The SSL XRack VHD Input Module is a versatile, premium-quality mic preamp and compressor, designed for capturing studio-quality recordings. The VHD (Variable Harmonic Distortion) circuit is a patented circuit design which allows you to introduce 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your source material, as well as being able to blend the two for added versatility. When in use at a lower gain setting, the VHD Pre adds a subtle valve-style warmth or a gentle transistor edge. Once you increase the gain, more distortion is added, allowing you to add everything from subtle crispness to fierce and in your face grunge. The result is a warm yet clear sound with grungy overtones, normally reserved for classic vintage preamps.
SSL Listen Mic Compressor
The SSL XRack VHD Input Module also features an integrated SSL Listen Mic Compressor, taken from the infamous SL4000E console. The SSL Listen Mic Compressor is renowned for its sonically transparent tone, with a fixed attack and release curve, ideal for recording drums. The Listen Mic Compressor was originally designed to prevent overloading the return feed from a studio communications microphone, but it also perfectly suited for use on ambient drum mics.
Construction & Connectivity
The SSL XRack VHD Input Module features a range of analog connections as well as a comprehensive range of controls. The 100% analog signal path ensures exceptional warmth while retaining the source materials overtones. The VHD Input Module features a balanced ultra-high bandwidth microphone input with +20dB to +70dB gain control, allowing you to process even the most demanding inputs. It also features Hi-Z and Pad Switched on the mic amp input as well as a dedicated additional XLR Line Input for connecting a range of instruments and devices. Both high and low-pass filters are also included allowing you to precisely dial in the right amount of filter you require. Also features is a dedicated Trim control after the VHD stage.
- Electronically balanced ultra-high bandwidth Mic input with +20dB to +70dB gain control
- Hi-Z and Pad Switches on Mic Amp Input
- Dedicated Additional XLR Line Input
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit adds a controllable blend of 2nd or 3rd Harmonic distortion
- Dedicated Trim control after the VHD stage
- Classic Listen Mic Compressor with fixed attack and release curves - ideal for drums
- High and Low-Pass Filters
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.