Sontronics Saturn Multi Pattern Condenser Mic
Sontronics Saturn Multi Pattern Condenser MicDetails
The Sontronics SATURN has been developed with the help of top producers, artists and educators from around the world to set a new standard in flexible microphone performance and high-grade audio reproduction. The retro-styled SATURN, whose design is inspired by the classic vocal mics of the 1940s and 50s, is the ideal all-round studio microphone. It will provide you with perfectly detailed, refined results, no matter what you place in front of it. This bundle also includes a free 20ft high quality SubZero XLR Cable.
Product Ref: 62114View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Multi-pattern condenser microphone
The SATURN multi-pattern condenser microphone from British brand Sontronics is a must-have for any studio thanks to its amazing versatility, impressive pedigree and, above all, its incredible sound.
Designed by Sontronics' founder Trevor Coley and developed with the input of super-producer Flood (U2, PJ Harvey, The Killers, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins), the Sontronics SATURN is one of the only studio microphones available that can honestly boast it sounds fantastic on whatever you put it in front of (and these are the words of those who use it, not just Sontronics themselves!).
Capturing the visual appeal of classic vocal mics from the 1940s and 50s, the SATURN was originally designed with vocals in mind, but during the development process more patterns were added (SATURN has a choice of five in total) and the electronic circuits tweaked in order to capture the best characteristics of whatever you?re recording.
The Sontronics SATURN boasts five polar patterns ? cardioid, subcardioid, omnidirectional, hypercardioid and figure-of-eight - switchable from a dial on the front of the mic. Its hand-crafted, gold-sputtered capsule sits suspended in a grille which itself is spring-mounted within the circular frame, adding extra levels of shock-absorption on top of that provided by the unique Sontronics shockmount.
You also have a three-stage attenuation or pad switch (0, -10, -20dB) and a three-stage high-pass filter (linear, 75Hz, 125Hz), and SATURN is supplied with its shockmount in a lockable aluminium flightcase.
Protected by Sontronics? unique Lifetime Warranty, the SATURN is recommended for pretty much everything (as Flood proudly stated, "There is nothing that this microphone can?t do... well!"). Use it for sung or spoken vocals, guitars and other acoustic instruments, guitar amps, drums, overhead and room miking, ensemble and choral recording, string... whatever you use it for, you?ll be impressed by the results. The only limit with SATURN is your own creativity!
"Saturn is really a top piece of kit. No EQ necessary, it dealt with all the dynamics excellently and was really open and present without sounding treated."
Paul Staveley O'Duffy, Producer/Songwriter
"....the SATURN has wowed me and all my clients with its fantastic results on anything I've stuck it in front of. Vocals are warm and valvey-sounding, piano is crisp and clean and rounded, strings are stunning, acoustic guitar is breathtaking, I've even given it a hammering with drums and it comes up with the goods every time. The best thing I've ever invested in for the studio, by far!"
Sontronics User Review
- Five-pattern condenser microphone
- Supplied in flightcase with unique shockmount
- Road-tested by top producers including Flood and Alan Moulder
- Incredible studio all-rounder
- ideal for vocals, voiceover, piano, guitar, amps, drums, percussion, strings/brass/woodwind (solo or ensemble), choir, room/ambient, overhead
- covered by Sontronics' LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Microphone type: Multi-pattern condenser
- Polar patterns: Omni, subcardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-of-eight
- Pad: 0, -10dB, -20dB
- High-pass filter: Linear, 75Hz, 125Hz
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa -32dB ±1dB (0dB = 1V/Pa 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: -200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted14dB
- Max. SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 130dB
- Power source: requires phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 164 x 50 x 32mm
- Weight: 673g (1176g with shockmount)
- Comes with: shockmount, flightcase
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.