Tascam DR-05 Portable Handheld Audio Recorder
Tascam DR-05 Portable Handheld Audio RecorderDetails
Product Ref: 19933View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Tascam DR-05 Portable Handheld Audio Recorder features 24-bit/96kHz resolution, allowing you to capture studio-grade recording wherever you go. The omnidirectional stereo microphones produce an unparalleled stereo image, allowing you capture recordings with exceptional depth and clarity. The DR-05’s digital and analog circuit boards are built independently to improve noise performance and decrease hiss for improved harmonics. The built-in A/D and D/A converter utilises a separate power supply for enhanced audio performance resulting in over 82dB signal to noise ratio and minim harmonic distortion. The wide frequency range (20Hz – 40kHz) is ideal for capturing a range of audio sources from live musical performances to business seminars and more.
Portable Yet Powerful
The highly compact design of the Tascam DR-05 makes it perfect to take with you anywhere you go. The handheld size also will fit into your pocket or backpack with ease, making for easy transportation. This portable powerhouse records in either MP3 or WAV format to both microSD and microSDHC media for optimal versatility. New recording features have been added such as Peak Reduction and Quick Menu to improve your workflow and user experience. The omnidirectional condenser microphones are designed for natural ambient recording with a rich bass response and minimal handling noise. Additionally, a 1/8’’ microphone input is also available for connecting your own stereo microphone or other line-level source.
Highly Intuitive Layout
The Tascam DR-05’s design features a highly intuitive layout, placing every major function at your fingertips for quick and easy access. Designed for simplicity, the DR-05 allows for one click recording as well as providing easy access to level controls and more. The main wheel on the front of the recorder is reminiscent of a remote control for a television, with the buttons being clearly labelled and easy to press at all times. The bright display is ideal for any environment, remaining clearly lit even in low light situations. The built-in stereo peak limiter is incorporated to prevent unexpected loud noises from ruining your recordings. The Auto Level settings also set the level based on the sound level in the room
- Handheld Portable Recorder
- Built-in Stereo Condenser Omnidirectional Microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Peak Reduction function, optimized for music recording, automatically sets the gain of while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50 -150 ) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8" stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- Recording Media: microSD card (64MB to 2GB), microSDHC card (4GB to 32GB)
- File System: FAT16/32
- File Format: WAV (BWF), MP3
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz
- Quantization Bit Rate: 16/24bit
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz/48kHz
- Bitrate for recording: 32/64/96/128/192/256/320kbps
- Playback bit rate: 32 to 320kbps, VBR, ID3 tag Ver. 2.4
- Number Of Channels: 2-channel (Stereo)
- Playback Speed Control (VSA): 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments) *44.1/48kHz only
- Built-In Microphone: Omnidirectional, stereo
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8") stereo mini jack, Unbalanced, Plug-in power
- Input Impedance: 25K ohms
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBV
- Maximum Input Level: -4dBV
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8") stereo mini jack, Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 12 Ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -14dBV(10k ohms load)
- Maximum Output Level: +2dBV(10k ohms load)
- Maximum Output: 20mW + 20mW (32 ohms load)
- Built-In Speakers: 0.3W, Mono
- Low-Cut Filter: 40Hz/80Hz/120Hz
- Connector: Mini-B type
- Format: USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED
- Chromatic Tuner: C1 to B6, A4 = 435Hz to 445Hz (in 1Hz increments)
- Tripod Attachment Screw-Hole: 1/4 inch, Tripod attachment screw-hole
- Power: 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, AC100 to 240V (Optional AC Adapter)
- Power Consumption: 1.7W (Max)
- Battery Operation Time:
- With alkaline batteries (EVOLTA): Approx. 17.5 hours (WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphone, JEITA)
- Approx. 15.5 hours (WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphone, JEITA)
- Dimensions: 61(W)×141(H)×26(D)mm // 2.4"(W)×5.55"(H)×1.02"(D)
- Weight: 116g / 0.25lb
- Standard Accessories: 4GB microSD card, USB connection cable, 2 AA batteries for confirming operation, Owner's Manual, Warranty card
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.