Tascam DR-40 Digital Portable Recorder
Tascam DR-40 Digital Portable RecorderDetails
Product Ref: 22353View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The DR-40 captures up to four tracks from built-in, high-quality condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal mics are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room. A pair of great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. It accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4" line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
Once recorded, play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. A stereo reverb effect is also built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. Transfer recordings to computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much more - all with TASCAM's simple-to-use interface. No other recorder makes home or live recording as simple as the TASCAM DR-40.
The four track recording mode gives you several options to record. DUAL records a stereo signal with a cope of that stereo signal at lower level, giving you a safety track you can use in case the main recording is distorted. 4CH records the built-in mics along with a pair of external mics, like close-up and ambient microphones. Play along with a recording you've already made with OVERDUB, to build up to a full production or song demo.
"Although the D40 is, first and foremost, a stand-alone stereo recording device, when it's fitted with external mics it performs four-track recording effortlessly." - Sound On Sound
Features and Specifications
For help finding the right TASCAM recording device for you, please download the comparison sheet PDF from the link below.
- Recording Media: SD card (64MB - 2GB), SDHC Card (4GB - 32GB)
Recording and Playback Format
- WAV/BWF: 44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz, 16/24 bit (Stereo or Mono)
- MP3: 44.1kHz/48kHz, 32k/64k/96k/128k/256k/320kbps
- Power Consumption: 2.5W Max
- Battery operation Time: 15 hours (continous operation, phantom power off)
- Dimensions (mm): Mic Closed: W 70 x H 155 x D 35, Mic Open: W 90 x H 155 x D 35
- Weight: 213g (without batteries)
- Number of channels: 4 (2 stereo)
- Playback Speed Control: 50-150% without changing pitch
- Built-In Microphone: Cardioid Condenser Microphones, supporting both X-Y/A-B mic settings
Ext Mic/Line In
- Connector: XLR/TRS Combo Jack (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD)
- Input Impedance: 2.2 kOhm (MIC) / 10 kOhm (LINE)
- Nominal Input Level: -19dBV (MIC) / +4dBu (LINE)
- Maximum Input Level: -3dBV (MIC) / +20dBu (LINE)
- Line Connector: 1/8 (3.5mm) Stereo mini-phone jack, unbalanced
- Headphone: 20mW + 20mW (32 Ohm loaded)
- Built-In Speaker Output: 0.3 (mono)
- USB: B-type
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.