Tascam US-42 MiNiSTUDIO
Tascam US-42 MiNiSTUDIODetails
Product Ref: 73902View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
All-In-One Online Broadcast Interface
The Tascam US-42 MiNiSTUDIO is designed primarily to be used to capture and record online broadcasts, giving you everything you need to record, monitor and even add effects to your broadcasts. The US-42 features a high-speed USB 2.0 audio interface with a sample rate ranging up to 24-bit/96kHz for optimal audio quality and performance. Also included in the US-42 is 2 HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) Preamps that allow you to connect a range of microphones for exceptional audio fidelity. The highly versatile design is easily integrated into your favourite DAW, and can even interface with iOS devices (using an adaptor sold separately). The range of built-in effects and built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone allow you to get started in minutes, and a large, back-lit ‘On-Air’ button starts immediate transmission to your computer. A It even features 4 velocity-sensitive trigger pads for incorporating stings, adverts and one-shot sounds normally used in online broadcasting.
Built-In DSP Effects
The Tascam US-42 MiNiSTUDIO includes built-in DSP effects that allow you to add a range of effects to your broadcasts in real-time, eliminating the need for external software. The high-quality on-board DSP effects include: Equalizer, Compressor, Reverb and a range of other special voice effects. This allows you to add depth, clarity and special effects to your broadcasts with ease, something normally reserved for high-end audio software. A reverb rotary knob has been incorporated allowing you to dial in the precise amount of wet signal. It even includes a ‘Voice Effect’ On/Off button allowing you to easily switch your effects with a single press.
The US-42 MiNISTUDIO features a wide-range of analog and digital connectivity, allowing you to connect a variety of different audio equipment including microphones and headphones. The US-42 differs from the US-32 model by incorporating a high-level instrument input, perfect for capturing guitar tracks directly form the interface. The US-42 features an XLR input connector as well as built-in 48V Phantom Power so you can connect both dynamic and condenser microphones alike. A 3.5mm and 1/4’’ headphone jack plus a 3.5 mm input for headset microphones is even included for added convenience allowing you to connect every headphone and microphone type imaginable. A 3.5mm stereo input gives you the ability to connect portable audio and game devices, whereas the XLR/TRS input jack for balanced inputs is convenient for connecting a wide range of external devices.
Lightweight, Portable Design
The compact, lightweight design of the US-42 makes it highly portable and perfect for taking with you anywhere you go. Its streamlined and intuitive layout places all the major functions in an ergonomic layout for quick and easy access. The US-42 features rotary dials for the headphone output and overall volume level and it even includes a sizeable level meter that gives you visual feedback on your signal levels. One of the most unique features of the US-42 is the MiNiSTUDIO Creator technology which allows you to switch between Creator and Broadcast modes. The ‘Broadcast’ mode allows the audience to hear exactly what you’re hearing, generated by the MiNiSTUDIO and/or your computer, mixing together in a single audio stream. Switch to ‘Creator’ mode and you’re in full production mode, allowing you to transform the US-42 into a premium-quality two-channel USB audio interface, perfect for integrating with your favourite DAW. This allows you to utilise the US-42 as a stand-alone interface, perfect for studio recording applications.
Complete With Intuitive Software
The US-42 also comes complete with its own personal software, that gives you increased control of your hardware functions. The intuitive software presents you two panels – Easy & Expert. This gives both novice and professional users added rein of their effects, controls and functions. The ‘Easy’ Panel splits your hardware into three categories: Sound, Effect and Reverb, allowing you to control the comprehensive range of effects and parameters with ease. You can also use the software to assign sounds to the trigger pads, as well as adjust the volume for each pad. The ‘Expert’ panel presents you with a more comprehensive controls, allowing you to control everything from buffer size to in-depth settings in the trigger pads.
- High-Speed USB 2.0 Interface designed for online broadcasting
- Built-in DSP effects including: Reverb, Equalizer, Compressor and more
- High-level instrument input
- Dual HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) premaps
- 4 velocity-sensitive trigger pads
- Simple, intuitive layout
- Built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone
- XLR/TRS balanced inputs
- Complete with dedicated software
- Large, labelled ‘ON-AIR’ button begins transmission to your computer
- Dedicated rotary Reverb knob allows you to precisely dial in the wet signal
- Voice Effect On/Off button
- 48V Phantom Power support for condenser microphones
- Built-in 3.5mm and 1/4’’ headphone jack
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96kHz
- Quantization bit rate: 16/24bit
- Inputs: 2
- Connector: XLR-3-31(1:GND, 2:HOT, 3:COLD), BALANCED
- Input impedance: 2.4k ohms
- Maximum input level: +7.7dBV (2.427Vrms)
- Gain: 45dB
- Connector: 6.3mm(1/4")TS-jack(T：HOT, S：GND), UNBALANCED (When set to "INST" at MIC/LINE/INST switch)
- Input Impedance: 1M ohms
- Gain: 45dB
- Input Impedance: 5k ohms or more
- Gain: 45dB
- Input Impedance: 5k ohms or more
- Maximum Input Level: +7.7dBV (2.427Vrms)
- Mic Type: Omnidirectional Condenser Mic
- Output impedance: Stereo RCA Jacks
- Nominal output level: -10dBV (0.316Vrms)
- Maximum output level: +6dBV (1.995Vrms)
- Connector: 1/4” Stereo Phone-jack/ 3.5mm(1/8”) 4-pole mini jack/3.5mm (1/8”)Stereo mini jack
- Maximum Output Level: 15mW+15mW above (Less than THD+NO.1%,32Ωloaded)
- USB: USB B-type 4-pin
- Format: USB2.0 High Speed (480MHz)
- DC IN 5V: USB Micro B type
- 44.1k/48kHz: 20Hz to 20kHz 0/-1dB (LINE OUT, JEITA)
- 88.2k/96kHz: 20Hz to 40kHz 0/-1dB (LINE OUT, JEITA)
- EIN: Less than -120dBu (150 ohm terminated, volume max)
- THD+N: Less than 0.008%/
- S/N ratio: 100dB or more (MIC IN to LINE OUT, volume min, JEITA)
- Crosstalk: 95dB or more (MIC IN to LINE OUT, 1kHz, JEITA)
- Power (when connected to PC): USB bus-power
- Power (when connected to an iOS device): USB power adapter, External battery pack, TASCAM BP-6AA
- Power consumption: 1.5W
- Dimensions: 7.87" W x ×1.57" H ×5.11" D (200mm W ×40mm H × 130mm D)
- Weight: 1.10lb (500g)
- Operating temperature: 41 to 95˚F (5 to 35°C)
- Bundled Accessories: USB cable, Users manual, warranty card
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.