Tascam VL-S5 Active Studio Monitor, Single
Tascam VL-S5 Active Studio Monitor, SingleDetails
The Tascam VL-S5 active studio monitors create a high-resolution monitoring system in any environment. You can immediatly notice the seamless, natural response delivered by the Kevlar woofers and 1'' silk dome tweeters. Balanced input connections reduce noise and interface with professional components. For reliable mix playback at an affordable price.
Product Ref: 55228View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Kevlar LF Cone and 1'' Silk HF Driver
The VL-S5 monitor responds quickly to audio transients with high-quality driver components. The high-strength, heat-resistant Kevlar cone combined with a 1'' silk tweet faithfully reproduce every nuance of the original recorded track.
The Kevlar cone reproduces the full frequency spectrum without distortion. Softer materials used in other monitors can be and deform during playback, giving you an inaccurate idea of what your mix actually sounds like. The silk dome tweeter provides an accurate high end playback without the harsh, fatiguing sound typical of metal-domes designs.
LF 40W and HF 30W Bi-amplified Power
Built with transparent audio quality in mind, each component is driven by a discrete amplifier for the cleanest possible playback. Separate driving amplifiers also eliminate any possible electrical interaction between components, which could degrade performance.
The crossover frequency of 3.2kHz was selected after extended listening tests to ensure that seamless response is achieved. The high quality Kevlar driver allows Tascam to set the crossover higher without distortion for truer reproduction of rock, hip hop, EDM, acoustic or any other music genre.
Balanced XLR / TRS Input
Electrically balanced audio connections reduce noise when interfacing audio components, especially when cable lengths are long. Noise can come from other components in the signal chain, the electrical supply to audio components, room lighting, and other sources. This noise can get mixed with signals during transmission between components on a cable, and a balanced connection can reduce or eliminate this noise.
Magnetically Shielded Design
The VL-S5 active studio monitor is shielded to prevent magnetic lines of force from affecting sensitive components nearby. The highly-effective speaker has a powerful magnet. With magnetic shielding, it can be installed near devices which could be affected by such a large magnetic force; such as computer displays, hard drives and other computer components.
- Low-frequency Output: 40W
- High-frequency Output: 30W
- Woofer: 5.25'' 133mm
- Tweeter: 1'' / 25mm
- Enclosure Format: Magnetically Shielded
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.2kHz
- Sensitivity: 200mV
- Input Terminal: XLR Balanced, TRS Balanced / Unbalanced
- Power: AC 120V - 230V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Dimensions: 6.9'' x 10'' x 7.9'' / 176mm x 255mm x 200mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 5.2kg / 11.5lb
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.