Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity™ Tone-Blending Mic Preamp and DI Box
Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity™ Tone-Blending Mic Preamp and DI BoxDetails
With variable tone blending between 100 Tube and 100 solid-state makes the 710 a great all-in-one Preamp. Furthermore it's also versatile enough to work well with electric instruments, and is able to handle active and passive pickups on guitars and basses!
Product Ref: 32852View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The 710 Twin-Finity boasts a new UA mic preamp design, combining the classic retro warmth of tubes with the transient bite of solid-state, and all this in a compact 2U, half-rack unit. You can vary the tone blending between 100 tube and 100 solid-state, and use this method to adjust the preamp tone to you're liking, or perhaps discover a tone you hadn't thought of! By combining Tube and Solidstate preamps, the 710 provides you with fantastic tonal possibilities.
Innovative Circuit Design
The 710 Twin-Finity's innovative circuit design is key to this preamp's great sonic flexibility. It featuries a solid-state transimpedance input amp simultaneously driving separate, phase-aligned tube and solid-state gain stages, which are then summed to a single output.. Use the "Blend Knob" (labeled "∞") to control the mix between the 310 volt single-ended class-A triode tube stage and solid-state transimpedance stage.
Gain/Level Control and VU Meter "Drive" Mode
Of course, the 710 has dual gain-stage controls (Gain/Level) for you to get customising with. Radically vary the amount of coloration and distortion. You can also see how hard you are driving the input stage with the VU meter's unique "Drive" mode.
It's Versatile! Can Be Used with Electric Instruments!
The 710 boasts great versatility and it features the discrete JFET DI input circuit which can also easily handle any electric instrument. If you're a Guitar or bass player, you'll appreciate the 710s ability to bring out the best of both active and passive pickups. The 710 Twin-Finity also includes a 19" rack-kit for mounting one or two units.
"When pushed slightly into breaking up at a 50/50 mix, this thing sounded awesome on guitar amp... you can even get close to the direct guitar 'Black Dog' tone quite effortlessly with the 710" - Recording Magazine
"UA has made a fun, intuitive, versatile and great-sounding preamp. It can cover many audio bases ... we challenge anyone not to find a use for a 710 in their studio." - MusicRadar
For further information about the UA 710 Twin Finity, please download the product manual PDF from the link below.
- Twin-Finity Tone-Blending Mic/Line Preamp & Hi-Z Instrument DI
- Dual-Path 310 volt Class-A Tube and Transimpedance Solid State Preamp
- Phase-Aligned "Tone-Blending" of Tube and Solid State
- Dual Gain Stages: Wire with Gain to Creamy to Crunchy
- Discrete JFET DI with 2.2M ohm Ultra Hi-Z impedance
- Monolithic Balanced Output Stage
- 70dB+ of gain, +48V Phantom, Pad(-15dB), Phase Invert, and Low Cut Filter(75Hz)
- Output and "Drive" backlit VU metering
- Portable, Rack-Mountable design for Studio, Desktop or Stage
- 19" Rack Kit Included, Optional Desktop Handle Kit also available
- Universal Internal Power Supply
- Heavy-Duty Metal Construction
- Inputs: Microphone (XLR F), Balanced Line (XLR F), Unbalanced Instrument (1/4" jack)
- Outputs: Balanced Line (Male XLR)
- Type: Tube & Solid-State Phase-Aligned Tone-Blending Mic Pre & DI
- Tube Complement: 12ax7
- Pad: -15dB
- High Pass Filter: 75Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption: 160mA @120VAC , 20W
- Power Requirements: 100-240VAC
- Dimensions: W 8.45 x H 3.5 x D 10.25
- Weight (lb): 5.25
- Mic Input Impedance: 2K ohms
- Line Input Impedance: 10K ohms
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: 2.2M ohms
- Internal Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- Gain Range for Unit: -Infinity to 70dBu
- Mic Range Gain Pot: 10 60 dBu
- Line Range Gain Pot: -10 40 dBu
- Hi-Z Range Gain Pot: -10 40 dBu
- Maximum Mic Input Level Gain @min SS: +18 dBu
- Maximum Mic Input Level Gain @min Tube 1 THD: -7 dBu dBu +8 dBu w/pad
- Maximum Line Input Level Gain @ Min SS: +30
- Maximum Line Input Level Gain @ Min Tube 1 THD: +8 dBu
- Maximum Hi-Z Input Level Gain Min SS: +18
- Maximum Hi-Z Input Level Gain Min Tube 1 THD: +8 dBu
- Maximum Output Level into 600 ohms: +18 dBu
- Maximum Output Level into 100k ohms: +28 dBu
- Mic Frequency Response: 20Hz to 100kHz +/- 0.2 dBu
- Line Frequency Response: 20Hz to 100kHz +/- 0.2 dBu
- Hi-Z Frequency Response: 20Hz to 100kHz +/- 0.2 dBu
- Distortion: Min THD+Noise @ +4dBU, 0.1 tube 0.005 solid-state
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.