Universal Audio Apollo 8 QUAD
Universal Audio Apollo 8 QUADDetails
The Universal Audio Apollo 8 QUAD Thunderbolt Audio Interface is a professional 18 x 24 interface featuring state-of-the-art next generation A/D and D/A converters, four high-quality microphone preamps with Unison technology, and a powerful onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP, allowing ultra-low latency digital signal processing with UAD plug-ins such as the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in suite. Additionally, the Apollo 8 DUO is now compatible with Windows 10 systems.
SPECIAL OFFER - Buy any Apollo rackmount audio interface before June 30th 2017 and get an analog dream studio filled with up to 2,600 GBP of genuine UAD plug-ins from Studer, Lexicon, AKG, Pultec, Fairchild, Teletronix, and more! The promotional plug-ins will be automatically added to your account once you register your new product.
Product Ref: 58327View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
World-Class Sound with Superior Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
The original Apollo, introduced in 2012, quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers - it now counts many of the world's top artists as users. Apollo 8 improves upon the original Apollo's sound quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD.
Building upon a 50-year legacy of circuit design, UA engineers started with an obsessive audition of the latest converters, pairing them with completely redesigned analog circuitry. Confirmed by extensive double-blind listening tests, the end result is 3 dB better dynamic range on both A/D and D/A conversion versus the original Apollo, placing the Apollo 8 as the measurable class leader.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
Imagine having a classic analog studio, in single rack space. Apollo 8 lets you record through UAD Powered Plug-Ins - including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more, Apollo 8 serves up authentic analog tone and warmth. The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Four Mic Preamps with Unison™ Technology
Apollo 8 comes equipped with four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track projects with colorful mic preamp sounds from Neve, API, and Universal Audio. An Apollo breakthrough, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps - including their impedance, gain stage ''sweet spots,'' and component-level circuit behaviors.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 processing. Simply place a selected tube or solid state preamp plug-in on your desired mic input, and record in real time through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or the Neve 1073 and API 212L.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you get a whole host of professional-quality plug-ins, including legendary compressors such as the 1176SE/LN Limiting Amplifiers and Fairchild 670 Legacy, Softube's stunning Amp Room Half-Stack and Bass Amp Room 8x10 guitar and bass amp emulations, the flexible and natural-sounding RealVerb Pro reverb, UA's landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in, and much more besides.
- 18 x 24 simultaneous input/output channels
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports facilitates daisy-chaining of other Thunderbolt devices
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Four high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Unison™ technology for deep integration with UAD preamp and pedal plug-ins
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Two stereo headphone outputs with independent mix buses
- Independent front panel volume controls for headphone outputs
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- S/PDIF outputs can be set to mirror the monitor outputs
- Up to two alternate stereo monitor outputs selectable via front panel or Console software
- Assignable front panel monitor function switch for alternate speakers, dim, & mono
- QUAD Core DSP with four SHARC® processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all analog and digital inputs via Console application
- Console Recall plug-in saves Console configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recall
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 devices when used with DAW
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Includes UAD Powered Plug-Ins ''Realtime Analog Classics Plus'' bundle
- Complete UAD plug-ins library is available at the UA online store
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks, or 10.10.x Yosemite
- 4 gigabytes available disk space
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Microphone Inputs: 4
- High-Impedence (Hi-Z) Instrument Inputs: 2
- Analog Line Inputs: 8
- Analog Line Outputs: 8 (ten including monitor outputs)
- Analog Monitor Outputs: 2 (one stereo pair)
- Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo
- ADAT: Up to eight channels via dual I/O ports with S/MUX
- S/PDIF: One stereo input, one stereo output
- Thunderbolt 2 ports: 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
- Word Clock: 1 input, 1 output
A/D - D/A Conversion
- Supported Sample Rates (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Bit Depth Per Sample: 24
- Simultaneous A/D conversion: 8 channels
- Simultaneous D/A conversion: 14 channels
- Analog Round-Trip Latency: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Analog Round-Trip Latency with four serial UAD-2 plug-ins via Console application: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Power Supplies: External AC to DC Power Supply, Level V compliant
- AC Input Connector Type: IEC Male
- AC Requirements: 100V - 240V AC, 50 - 60 Hz
- DC Connector Type: XLR 4-Pin Locking Male (Neutrik P/N NC4MDM3-H)
- DC Requirements: 12 VDC, +/- 5
- Maximum Power Consumption: 50 Watts
- Width: 19''
- Height: 1.75'' (1U rack space)
- Depth, Chassis Only: 12.125''
- Depth, Including Knob & Jack Protrusions: 13.5''
- Shipping Box (Width x Depth x Height): 24'' x 17'' x 8''
- Shipping Weight (with box & accessories): 18 pounds (8.2 kg)
- Weight (bare unit): 9.1 pounds (4.1 kg)
- Apollo 8 QUAD Audio Interface Unit
- External Power Supply
- AC Power Cable (IEC)
- Set of (4) Rack-Mount Screws
- Getting Started URL Card
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.