Universal Audio Apollo 8p QUAD
Universal Audio Apollo 8p QUADDetails
The Universal Audio Apollo 8p QUAD Thunderbolt Audio Interface is a professional 16 x 20 interface featuring state-of-the-art next generation A/D and D/A converters, eight high-quality microphone preamps with Unison? technology. The versatile audio interface is ideal for recording studio-grade vocal performances thanks to the 8 unison enabled mic preamps. The Apollo 8p QUAD also features two hi-Z instrument inputs for recording a range of instruments including electric guitars and more. With its compact size and premium-quality components the Apollo 8p QUAD is the ideal interface for audio professionals. Additionally, the Apollo 8p QUAD is now compatible with Windows 10 systems.
From November 1st - December 31st 2016, Universal Audio is giving customers who purchase any new Universal Audio Apollo rack audio interface, the chance to claim a UAD-2 Satellite QUAD DSP Accelerator (Thunderbolt or FireWire) for free. Please see below for additional details.
Product Ref: 58328View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Free UAD-2 Satellite QUAD DSP Accelerator
From November 1st – December 31st 2016, Universal Audio is giving customers who purchase any new Universal Audio Apollo rack audio interface, the chance to claim a UAD-2 Satellite QUAD DSP Accelerator (Thunderbolt or FireWire) for free. Simply buy a new rack audio interface from the Apollo series (Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, or Apollo FireWire), register your product, and Universal Audio will send you a UAD-2 Satellite QUAD DSP Accelerator free of charge. Once you have registered your product, you will be prompted for your shipping information, simply fill in the relevant details and Apollo will ship your UAD-2 Satellite QUAD directly to you.
World-Class Sound with Superior Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
The original Apollo, introduced in 2012, quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers - it now counts many of the world's top artists as users. Apollo 8p improves upon the original Apollo's sound quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD.
Building upon a 50-year legacy of circuit design, UA engineers started with an obsessive audition of the latest converters, pairing them with completely redesigned analog circuitry. Confirmed by extensive double-blind listening tests, the end result is 3 dB better dynamic range on both A/D and D/A conversion versus the original Apollo, placing the Apollo 8p as the measurable class leader.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
Imagine having a classic analog studio, in single rack space. Apollo 8p lets you record through UAD Powered Plug-Ins - including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more, Apollo 8p serves up authentic analog tone and warmth. The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Eight Mic Preamps with Unison™ Technology
Apollo 8p comes equipped with eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track projects with colorful mic preamp sounds from Neve, API, and Universal Audio. An Apollo breakthrough, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps - including their impedance, gain stage ''sweet spots,'' and component-level circuit behaviors.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 processing. Simply place a selected tube or solid state preamp plug-in on your desired mic input, and record in real time through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or the Neve 1073 and API 212L.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus bundle, you get a whole host of professional-quality plug-ins, including UA's landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ; Softube's Amp Room Half-Stack and Bass Amp Room 8x10 guitar and bass amp emulations; the legendary Fairchild 670 Legacy compressor; Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier; Pultec Pro Equalizers (MEQ-5 Midrange EQ and EQP-1A Program EQ); CS-1 Precision Channel; 1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers; Raw Distortion stompbox plug-in; UA Precision Enhancer Hz; and the flexible RealVerb Pro reverb.
- 16 x 20 simultaneous input/output channels
- Now compatible with Windows 10 systems
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports facilitates daisy-chaining of other Thunderbolt devices
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Eight high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Unison™ technology for deep integration with UAD preamp and pedal plug-ins
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Two stereo headphone outputs with independent mix buses
- Independent front panel volume controls for headphone outputs
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- S/PDIF outputs can be set to mirror the monitor outputs
- Up to two alternate stereo monitor outputs selectable via front panel or Console software
- Assignable front panel monitor function switch for alternate speakers, dim, & mono
- QUAD Core DSP with four SHARC® processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all analog and digital inputs via Console application
- Console Recall plug-in saves Console configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recall
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 devices when used with DAW
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Includes UAD Powered Plug-Ins ''Realtime Analog Classics Plus'' bundle
- Complete UAD plug-ins library is available at the UA online store
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks, or 10.10.x Yosemite
- 4 gigabytes available disk space
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Microphone Inputs: 8
- High-Impedence (Hi-Z) Instrument Inputs: 2
- Analog Line Inputs: 8
- Analog Line Outputs: 6 (eight including monitor outputs)
- Analog Monitor Outputs: 2 (one stereo pair)
- Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo
- Digital Input Port (TOSLINK optical): 1 (ADAT or S/PDIF, selectable)
- Digital Output Port (TOSLINK optical): 1 (ADAT or S/PDIF, selectable)
- Thunderbolt 2 ports: 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
- Word Clock: 1 input, 1 output
A/D - D/A Conversion
- Supported Sample Rates (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Bit Depth Per Sample: 24
- Simultaneous A/D conversion: 8 channels
- Simultaneous D/A conversion: 14 channels
- Analog Round-Trip Latency: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Analog Round-Trip Latency with four serial UAD-2 plug-ins via Console application: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Power Supplies: External AC to DC Power Supply, Level V compliant
- AC Input Connector Type: IEC Male
- AC Requirements: 100V - 240V AC, 50 - 60 Hz
- DC Connector Type: XLR 4-Pin Locking Male (Neutrik P/N NC4MDM3-H)
- DC Requirements: 12 VDC, +/- 5
- Maximum Power Consumption: 50 Watts
- Width: 19''
- Height: 1.75'' (1U rack space)
- Depth, Chassis Only: 12.125''
- Depth, Including Knob & Jack Protrusions: 13.5''
- Shipping Box (Width x Depth x Height): 24'' x 17'' x 8''
- Shipping Weight (with box & accessories): 18 pounds (8.2 kg)
- Weight (bare unit): 9.1 pounds (4.1 kg)
- Apollo 8p QUAD Audio Interface Unit
- External Power Supply
- AC Power Cable (IEC)
- Set of (4) Rack-Mount Screws
- Getting Started URL Card
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.