View Full Description
Audio professionals passionate about their compressors revere the LA-2A. The original was immediately acknowledged for its natural compression characteristics. A unique electro-optical attenuator system allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion an accomplishment at the time, still appreciated today.
Universal Audio now announces the rebirth of the Teletronix LA-2A, a Universal Audio Classics product. Painstaking care has been taken to ensure that every new LA-2A provides the performance and characteristics of the original. Each unit is hand built, each component carefully evaluated for authenticity. No expense has been spared to guarantee that this LA-2A will bring that classic sound to your recording. Demand the original. Accept no copy.
True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
Lag free, distortion free optical attenuator system
Distortion less than 0.5 THD
0 to 40 dB gain limiting
Balanced stereo interconnection
Frequency response 1 dB, 30 to 15,000 cps
Output level of 10 dBm and 40 dB gain
Low noise less than 70 dB below +10 dBm output
"UA gear such as the 1176 and LA-2A have been staples here at Capitol since their creation."
- Greg Parkin, Capitol Studios & Mastering
"The LA-2A is the definition of the old-school choice for recording bass for a reason. It's very hard to go wrong with. It just has that sound."
- Peter Katis (The National, Interpol)
For further information, please download the product manual PDF from the link below.
- Input Impedance: 50, 150, 250, 600 ohms
- Output Load Impedance: 50, 150, 250, 600 ohms
- External Connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- Frequency Response: +0/-1 dB 30 Hz to 15kHz
- Gain: 40 dB ± 1dB
- Input Level: +16 dB maximum
- Output Level: +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion: Less than 0.5 THD (0.25 typical) at ±10 dBm
- Noise: 70 dB below +10 dBm output level
- Attack Time: 10 milliseconds
- Release Time : 0.06 seconds for 50 release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter: dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power Requirements: 35 watts, 120/240 volts, 50/60 Hz
- Environmental: Maximum operating temperature 160°F
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 3U
- Weight: 13 lbs.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.