Zoom F4 MultiTrack Field Recorder with Protective Case
Zoom F4 MultiTrack Field Recorder with Protective CaseDetails
The Zoom F4 Professional Field Recorder is the perfect solution for taking your sound to a whole new level, thanks to the 6-input/8-track recording and super-low noise microphone preamps. Equipped with a 1.9'' LCD display, the Zoom F4 is suitable for all lighting environments - from low light to direct sunlight. The Zoom F4 Field Recorder supports playback and recording at resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz, along with TCXO time code and Zoom's interchangeable microphone capsules. The Zoom F4 comes complete with a Zoom Soft Case for protecting your field recorder while on the move and not in use.
Product Ref: 80533View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Zoom F4 Professional Field Recorder
Super-Low Noise Preamps
The Zoom F4 features exceptional microphone preamps which enable pristine recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz. The impressive audio specs also include an extremely low noise floor (-127dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75dB), with +4dB line-level inputs.
TCXO Time Code
For precise audio/video syncing, the F4 Field Recorder utilises a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that produces time code at 0.2ppm accuracy - a first for this price point. The Zoom F4 also supports all standard drop frame and non-drop formats, while also being able to jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Additionally the BNC connectors allow you to seamlessly integrate the F4 into any setup.
Onboard Advanced Limiters
The onboard limiters provide overload protection which allows you to capture audio in a wide range of dynamic sound environments. Limiting can also be applied to all four channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10dB of headroom and controls for setting the threshold, attack and release.
Interchangeable Microphone Capsules
The F4 Professional Field Recorder features Zoom's proprietary capsule input which allows you to connect any of the available Zoom mic capsules - such as the SGH-6 Shotgun or the XYH-6 Stereo X/Y Capsule. The optional ECM extension cable also allows you to remotely position all external capsules.
Flexible Inputs and Outputs
The four discrete inputs are equipped with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, along with a dedicated preamp, gain control knob, phantom power and a six-segment LED level meter. The F4 also features a variable-frequency slate tone generator which confirms the levels.
In addition to the 1/4'' headphone jack with dedicated volume control, the Zoom F4 provides you with four other output connections. Two Main Outs - on balanced XLR jacks - let you connect to external mixers and processing devices. Two Sub Outs - on a single unbalanced 1/8'' stereo mini-jack - ensure easy connection to a camera. Additionally the front panel output button allows easy access to output levels and signal routing.
Onboard Mixer and Effects
The integrated onboard mixer enables flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs - pre or post-fader - with user-adjustable level, pan and input/output delay. The built-in limiters can be applied to all channels and tracks simultaneously, while the built-in high-pass filtering reduces the sound of wind and other background noises.
Zoom F8 Soft Case
Improved Protection For Your Field Recorder
Practicality is at the forefront of the Zoom PCF-8's design. The adjustable dividers mean you can choose how much room you need for your recording accessories. The drawstring sleeves mean you can access and edit your F4's functions without removing it from the case. The clear water resistant case means you can see what you’re doing without having your recorder exposed to the rain.
When recording in any location from gravel to grass, the last thing you want is your Zoom F4 being scuffed or scratched on the ground. The PCF-8's main divider can be removed to create a table top styled surface, to keep your recorder comfortably off the ground. The PCF-8 has an adjustable, removable strap so you can comfortably transport and carry your gear for extended periods.
Zoom F4 Professional Field Recorder
- 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- 6 discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic capsule input
- Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16/24-bit resolution
- Accurate time code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with DHC-1 DC-HIROSE cable (included)
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules; optional ECM extender cable enables remote positioning (not included)
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- Dual XLR balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Front panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts
Zoom Soft Case
- Designed to accommodate the F8 and F4 field recorders
- Side openings with drawstring for XLR/TRS cable input and protection
- Detachable, water-resistant cover with clear window for visual monitoring, plus inlay opening for personal notes
- Adjustable strap and shoulder pad combined with three latchhooks per side for a custom carry position
- Velcro inner divider which is removable to open up space or use as a table surface for F4 and F8 units
- Front and side pockets for extra storage
- Removable bottom panel to access rear of F4 and F8 units (BNC Time Code connectors, removable AA battery pack, and ZOOM mic capsule input)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.