Zoom H2n Audio Recorder with FREE Accessory Pack
Product Ref: 22332
Zoom H2n Audio Recorder with FREE Accessory PackDetails
Representing a new generation of portable recording, the H2n is Zoom's most innovative handheld recorder to date, packing groundbreaking features into an ultra-portable device that allows you to record pristine audio anywhere you go. Ideal for film and broadcast, journalism, podcasting, musical performance, songwriting and rehearsals.
This package includes a Zoom H2n audio recorder and FREE APH-2n accessory package - everything you need for high quality recording.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The H2n features Zoom's best microphones yet and is the only portable recorder with five mic capsules onboard. This design enables the H2n to offer four unique recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel surround sound.
The H2n won the Outstanding Technical Achievement Award in the Recording Devices category at the TEC Awards 2012.
This package includes:
- Zoom H2n Digital Audio Recorder
- Steinberg Wavelab LE 7
- Wired remote control with extension cable
- AC adapter (USB type)
- USB cable
- Adjustable tripod stand
- Padded-shell case Mic clip adapter
The First Portable Mid-Side Recorder
The H2n is the first handheld recorder to offer Mid-Side stereo recording, a technique used for many years in film and broadcast, where ambience and surrounding noise are crucial. Mid-Side recording combines a uni-directional Mid mic that captures sound directly in front of you and a bi-directional Side mic that captures sound from your left and right. By increasing or decreasing the level of the Side mic, you can control the width of the stereo field, which gives you incredible flexibility over your recordings. If you record in RAW mode, you can even adjust the stereo width after recording.
But the H2n doesn't stop there. The H2n's onboard 90° X/Y stereo condenser mics are arranged with the right and left mics on the same axis. This design ensures that the mics are always equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization and no phase shifting. The result is brilliant stereo recording with natural depth and accurate imaging.
Using the H2n's Mid-Side and X/Y mics together, you can create stunning 360° surround sound recordings. Choose between 2-channel mode, which combines the Mid-Side and X/Y mics, and 4-channel mode, which records two separate stereo files, allowing you even more post-production capability. No matter which mode you use, you'll get perfectly balanced, surround sound recordings.
With its newly-designed user interface, the H2n is incredibly easy to use. Critical controls are right at your fingertips and make studio-quality recording a breeze. The H2n provides over 20 hours of continuous operation on just two standard AA alkaline batteries.
Bigger & Brighter
The 1.8-inch backlit LCD display (128 x 64 resolution) provides crystal-clear monitoring and makes it simple to navigate all of the unit's functions, with a built-in reference speaker letting you know your recordings have been captured. With its 1/8-inch stereo output, you can also playback your recordings on your home audio system or listen to your masterpiece using your favourite pair of headphones.Transfer & Edit at High-Speed
Use the H2n's High-Speed USB 2.0 interface to transfer files to your Mac or PC. Once your recordings are on your computer, you can easily store, edit, playback and share your favorite creations. You can even use the H2n as a USB microphone, letting you record directly to your computer.
Steinberg's WaveLab LE 7 software is included and can be used for audio editing and professional-quality mastering. By using its precise waveform editing and high-quality processing, you can refine your recordings into finished works.
A Handy Accessory Package for the Zoom H2n is available seperately, featuring a wide variety of accessories that make it easier for you to capture recordings.
Features and Specifications
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Newly designed user interface
- Lo-cut Filter
- Auto Gain
- Variable Speed Playback
- Key Control
- A-B Repeat
- File Dividing
- MP3 Post-Encode
- Marker and Surround Mixer
- Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
- Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution
- Analog-type Mic Gain wheel
- Built-in reference speaker
- High-Speed USB 2.0 card reader function
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks
- Accommodates up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- Includes Steinberg WaveLab LE 7 editing software, 2GB SD memory card and two AA batteries
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.