Zoom H5 Location Recording Pack
Zoom H5 Location Recording PackDetails
The Zoom H5 is a portable recorder with an interchangeable microphone system. This handy recorder is compact and lightweight and comes with an XY stereo microphone and a built-in shockmount system. The versatile recorder is compatible with the existing line of optional H6 accessories such as a shotgun mic and XLR/TRS input modules. The Zoom H5 also has an LCD screen and side-mounted toggle control for navigating through the menu options and easy operation. Everything you need to create multitrack recordings, audio for video, and state-of-the-art podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering. This bundle also includes a FREE accessory pack, with headphones and 8GB SD card.
Product Ref: 60591View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
X/Y Recording allows you to cover a wide area and capture sound sources in the centre with clarity and definition. The XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsule included with the H5 provides two matched unidirectional condenser mics set at a 90 degree angle. These are housed within an advanced shockmount that employs rugged external mic wires and rubberized material to isolate the unit from the H5 body and thus minimize vibration and handling noise. The XYH-5 also allows the H5 to handle louder sounds than any other Handy Recorder model: 140 dB SPL, equivalent to the sound of a jet aircraft from less than 200 feet away!
In addition to stop, play/pause, record, rewind and fast-forward, the front panel of the H5 offers dedicated record arming buttons for each track, which double as mute switches during playback. A Hold switch disables all front panel buttons to prevent accidental operation during recording. The H5 can be attached to a camera strap or, with an optional Hot Shoe mount, a DSLR or camcorder.
Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs that can handle both mic- and line-level signals allow you to connect external microphones and line-level devices like mixers, portable music players, effects processors and instruments equipped with active electronics. Each H5 input has its own dedicated gain control knob, located beneath a protective bar that prevents unwanted movement. The supplied capsule also provides a secondary input for connecting stereo mic- or line-level signal via a 1/8" mini phone jack. The H5 supports a +4 dB (professional) input level and uses the same high-quality preamps as the H6, ensuring great-sounding recordings in all sonic environments.
A dedicated Line Out with adjustable volume allows you to send a stereo audio output from the H5 to the mic input of a video camera or other device without the need for an attenuator cable. In addition, there's a separate headphone output with a dedicated volume control. You can use both outputs simultaneously to route audio to your DSLR while monitoring over headphones. There's also a built-in speaker for fast access playback, and a USB port which allows the H5 to be used as an audio interface for your computer or iPad.
Just 2 AA batteries - either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH - are required for power. When using alkaline batteries, the H5 will operate for more than 15 hours, even while recording continuously. You can also use an optional AC adapter to power the H5 without batteries. The H5 records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 gigabytes. Maximum recording time is dependent upon the card size and file type; for example, the supplied 2GB SD card can hold approximately fourteen hours of stereo 320kbps MP3 files, three hours of stereo 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV files, or an hour of stereo 24-bit/96kHz WAV files.
The H5 can operate in two different modes - choose stereo for two-track stereo recording, or multitrack for four-track recording (in either stereo pairs or individual mono tracks)-and it captures audio in the two most commonly used file formats: WAV and MP3. The WAV files recorded by the H5 can be 16- or 24-bit, with sampling rates of 44.1, 48, or 96kHz (96kHz sampling rate available in stereo mode only). They are automatically time-stamped and thus Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compliant, allowing for precise synchronization in video post-production. MP3 files, while slightly lower in fidelity, are much smaller than WAV files and are thus easier to email and post on social networking sites - allowing you to quickly and easily share your creations around the world.
The H5's onboard effects allow you to add polish to your recordings. Compression and limiting compensate for fluctuations in input level, while a low-cut filter helps eliminate wind noise, blowing, and other kinds of low frequency rumble. There's even an onboard metronome and chromatic/guitar/bass tuner.
- Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shockmounted mics for reduced handling noise
- Compatible with all Zoom input capsules
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- Large backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each input
- Protective "roll-bar" type covers prevent accidental movement of gain controls
- Plug-in power (2.5 volts)
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- MS decoding
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
- Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
- A/B loop playback
- Variable playback speed and variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with loop back function
- Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- Uses two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
- Operation manual
- XYH-5 X/Y mic capsule
- SDHC card (8GB)
- SubZero SZ-7080 Headphones
- AA size (LR6) battery x 2
- USB cable
- RCH-5 Wired Remote Controller
- Foam windscreen
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
- SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
- EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS Combo capsule
- HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- APH-5 Accessory Pack includes RCH-5 wired Remote Controller,
- AD-17 USB-type AC adapter and Hairy Windscreen
- SD card: 16MB to 2GB , SDHC card: 4GB to 32GB
- Display: Backlit LCD (128 x 64 pixels)
- Inputs L/R [XYH-5 X/Y mic]:
- Mic type: Unidirectional
- Sensitivity: -45 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Input gain: -∞ to 52 dB
- Max sound pressure input: 140 dB SPL
- Mis/Line In:
- Connector: 1/8" stereo mini jack
- Input gain: - ∞ to 52 dB
- Input impedance: 2 k Ω or more
- Plug-in power: 2.5V supported
- Backup recording: -12dB lower than set L/R input gain
- Inputs 1/2:
- Connectors: XLR / TRS combo jacks, (XLR: Pin 2 hot / TRS: Tip hot)
- Input gain (PAD OFF): -?∞ to 55.0 dB
- Input gain (PAD ON): -∞ to 35.0 dB
- Input impedance: 1.8 k Ω or more
- Max input level: +22 dBu (PAD ON)
- Phantom power: +12V /+24V /+48V
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN): -120 dBu or less
- Line Out:
- Connector: 1/8" stereo mini jack
- Rated output level: -10 dBm
- Output load impedance: 10k Ω or more
- Phone Out:
- Connector: 1/8" stereo mini jack
- Output Level: 20 W +20 W into 32 Ω load
- Built-in speaker: 400mw 8 Ω mono
- Stereo Mode:
- WAV (BWF-compliant)
- Sampling frequency: 44.1/48/96 kHz
- Bit rate: 16/24 (Stereo)
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz
- Bit rate: 48/56/64/80/96/112/32/160/192/224/256/320kbps
- Multitrack Mode:
- WAV (BWF-compliant)
- Sampling frequency: 44.1/48 kHz
- Bit rate: 16/24 (Mono/Stereo)
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 6 (L/R + INPUT 1/2 + L/R backup)
- Mass Storage Class operation: Class: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Audio Interface operation: Multitrack mode:
- Class: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Sampling frequency: 44.1/48kHz
- Bit rate: 16/24 bit
- Inputs / Outputs: 4 / 2
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.