Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
Zoom Q8 Handy Video RecorderDetails
The Zoom Q8 combines high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators. Featuring a 160 degree wide-angle lens and digital zoom, you'll always capture the complete picture. Zoom's revolutionary interchangeable mic capsule system is also featured along with two XLR-TRS combo inputs.
Product Ref: 57570View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Q8 offers a large full-colour LCD touchscreen for ease of use, along with a range of advanced features. The dual combo XLR-TRS inputs allow external microphones and line-level sources to be connected, and a built-in speaker and stereo headphone/line out jack provides audio monitoring. The mini-HDMI output allows for video monitoring too, whilst the flexible mounting options allow you to shoot high-definition video anywhere you go.
Full Range, Crystal Clear Audio
Delivering the incredible audio quality Zoom is becoming renowed for, you can record in high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio via the X/Y microphone. The standard XYQ-8 microphone included with the Q8 can be replaced with another optional Zoom mic capsule, the capability to easily change mic capsules makes the Zoom Q8 a versatile video recorder. A built-in lo-cut filter and foam window allow you to eliminate low-frequency noise and rumble, and there are three Dynamic settings, as well as a built-in compressor and limiter.
Going Beyond High Definition
This handy video recorder goes beyond standard HD, offering 3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels @ 30 fps / 24mbps) as well as two types of HD (24mbps and 16mbps for increased storage capability) at frame rates of up to 60 fps at 720p for capturing fast action video. The 160 degree wide angle lense ensures you capture every moment with full realism and sharp definition.
Mounting is no problem with the Q8, not only can it be attached to any standard tripod, it comes with a tripod-to-three-prong converter, giving the versatility of being able to use it with every kind of action camera mount too.
Versatile Built-In USB
The built-in USB port enables live streaming and allows the Q8 to be used as a webcam or USB microphone - perfect for podcasts. It also has the capability to connect with other equipment and computer software for post-production editing.
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC Card (Up To 128GB)
- Imaging Sensor: 1/3'' 3-Megapixels CMOS Sensor
- Optic Lens: Fixed Focus (36cm), F2.0
- Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 / (MOV)
- Video Resolutions:
- 3M HD (2304 x 1296) 30fps
- HD1080P 30fps
- HD720P 60fps
- HD720P 30fps
- WVGA 60fps
- WVGA 30fps
- Audio Formats:
- WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz)
- AAC (Bit Rate: 64 to 320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 48kHz)
- Audio Functions:
- Lo-Cut Filter (80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz)
- Dynamics Control (Limiter, Compressor, Leveler)
- Image Functions:
- Digital Zoom (5 Steps)
- Scene Selection (Auto / Concert Lighting / Night)
- Self Timer (Off / 3 Seconds / 5 Seconds / 10 Seconds
- Display: 2.7'' Wide, Full-Colour LCD Touchscreen
- Built-In Microphone:
- X/Y Stereo Microphone (XYQ-8)
- 120deg; XY Stereo Format
- Maximum Sound Pressure Input: 140dB SPL
- Input Gain: Up To 52dB
- Inputs: 2 x TRS/XLR Combo Jacks
- Output Connector:
- Combined Line/Headphone Stereo Mini Jack
- micro HDMI (Type D)
- Built-In Speaker: 400mW 8ohms Monaural Speaker
- USB: Mini B USB 2.0
- Power Supply: Lithium-ion Battery - 1700 mAh Capacity
- Battery Recharging Times:
- USB: 4 Hours 30 Minutes (Approximate)
- AC Adapter: 2 Hours 45 Minutes (Approximate)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.