Zoom TAC-8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Zoom TAC-8 Thunderbolt Audio InterfaceDetails
Product Ref: 57360View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Analog Inputs and Outputs
The TAC-8 features a range of digital and analog input and output connection to provide maximum compatibility and integration for a variety of instruments and studio set ups. With eight front facing XLR/TRS inputs you can capture hi-fidelity audio from a range of microphones, line level instruments (keyboards) and even passive instruments such as electric guitars and basses.
Located to the rear of the compact unit are two TRA balanced output jacks (left and right) that provide direct outputs to studio monitors and powered speakers as well as 8 balanced TRS line outputs for connecting to external effects units and mixing consoles. Additionally there is two 1/4 inch front facing stereo headphone jacks with dedicated volume control for critical mixing and isolated monitoring.
Digital Inputs and Outputs
Featuring both ADAT and S/PDIF digital inputs/outputs the TAC-8 allows the use of up to 10 inputs from external interfaces as well as 10 outputs, providing a combined total of 18 inputs and 20 outputs through the TAC-8 device.
Also incorporating high speed MIDI in and output connections the Zoom TAC-8 can be used to integrate controller keyboards, software controllers and synthesizers. The addition of MIDI connections and built in word clock make the TAC-8 a versatile alternative to multiple interfaces as it provides comprehensive connections for all your studio gear directly to your digital audio workstation.
The innovative thunderbolt connection provides high speed connection to your Mac computer via one single cable (sold separately).Unlike USB and FireWire connections the thunderbolt connection delivers an ultra-high speed data transfer of ten gigabits per second which means virtually no latency and a stable connection with no computer jittering.
- 18-Input / 20 Output High Speed Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- Record and Playback 8 Tracks Simultaneously
- Support for Up To 24-bit/192kHz High-Definition Audio
- Ultra-Low Latency Audio Streaming
- 8 Combo Balanced XLR/TRS Analog Input Connectors Accept Both Mic and Line-Level Signal
- High-Performance Mic Preamps with up to +60dB of Amplification
- Hi-Z Switches Allow Direct Connection of Electric Guitar or Bass
- Independent Gain Controls and Clip LEDs for Each Input
- Switchable +48V Phantom Power
- 10 Balanced TRS Output Jacks for Connection to Mixers, Amplifiers, Self-Powered Speakers, or Effects Devices
- Dual Front-Panel 1/4" Headphone Outputs with Dedicated Volume Controls
- Large Knob Output Volume Control
- 4 x Upsampling During A/D and D/A Conversion for Reduced Noise and Enhanced Fidelity
- Asynchronous Transfer System Unaffected by Computer Jitter
- Robust Metal Housing Ensures Roadworthiness
- S/PDIF In/Out with up to 24-bit/192kHz Audio Resolution
- ADAT Optical In/Out
- Word Clock In/Out
- Clock Source Indicator
- MIDI In/Out
- Rack-Mountable (1U Space)
- Works with all Thunderbolt-Equipped Macintosh Computers Running OS X 10.8.5 or Later
- Includes Steinberg Cubase LE Software Download
Analog Inputs (1-8)
- Connections: 8 x XLR/TRS Combo Jacks
- Input Gain: 0 to 60 dB (1dB Steps)
- Input Impedance: 5 kOhms / 1 MOhm (Hi-Z On)
- XLR Input Level (Max): +13 dBu
- TRS Input Level (Max): +21 dBu
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Master Output Connections: 2 x 1/4" TRS Phone Jack (Balanced)
- Master Output Level (Max): +14 dBu
- Master Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Headphone Output Connections: 2 x 1/4" Stereo Phone Jack
- Headphone Output Level (Max): +10 dBu
- Headphone Output Impedance: 33 Ohms
- ADAT Optical: 8 In/Out @ 44.1 kHz / 48 kHz, 4 In/Out @ 88.2 kHz / 96 kHz, 2 In/Out @ 176.4 kHz / 192 kHz
- S/PDIF Connection: RCA (Coaxial)
- S/PDIF Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Word Clock: BNC
- Word Clock Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Word Clock Output Impedance: 75 Ohms
Recording Channels / Playback Channels
- 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz Sampling: 18 x Recording / 20 x Playback
- 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz Sampling: 14 x Recording / 16 x Playback
- 176.4 kHz and 192 kHx Sampling: 12 x Recording / 14 x Playback
- Frequency Response (44.1 kHz): 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (96 kHz): 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- Frequency Response (192 kHz): 20 Hz - 60 kHz
- Input Conversion Noise (EIN): 125 dB @ 60 dB
- Dynamic Range (A/D): 120 dB Typical
- Dynamic Range (D/A): 120 dB Typical
- Sampling Frequencies: 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- Interface: Thunderbolt
- MIDI: In / Out (5-Pin DIN Jacks)
- Power Supply: DC 12V AC Adapter
- Height: 46 mm
- Width: 482.6 mm
- Depth: 157.7 mm
- Weight: 2.01 Kg
- Includes: AC Adapter, Operation Manual, Steinberg Cubase LE Software Download
- Type: Mac
- Operating System: OS X 10.8.5 or Later
- Connections: 1 x Thunderbolt
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.