Buffet Crampon 'Tradition' A Clarinet
Buffet Crampon 'Tradition' A ClarinetDetails
The Buffet Crampon Tradition Clarinet, BC1216L-2-0, is the newest addition to the Buffet Professional range, bringing tradition and innovation together to provide another choice for the professional player along side the popular Buffet RC Prestige and R13 Prestige Clarinets. With its completely new bore design which takes inspiration from the BC20 clarinet, the BC1216L-2-0 clarinet is unbelievably free blowing and provides the tonal focus and weight which leads players to the Buffet brand. This clarinet has impeccable intonation as well as an unlimited potential for a vast range of tonal characters due to its ease of play, focus and simplified poly-cylindrical bore. The Buffet Tradition Clarinet blends innovation and tradition in perfect harmony, resulting in a hard wearing clarinet producing purity which compares to that of the human voice.
Product Ref: 76523View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Please note - if you don't already have one you'll need to purchase a mouthpiece separately for use with this clarinet. Choose from our clarinet mouthpiece selection here.
The Tradition Design
With its new poly-cylindrical bore design, the 'Tradition' Clarinet is inspired by the tonal characteristics of pre-1950 clarinet design while providing the most agile and hard wearing attributes associated with contemporary playing. The cylindrical bore design based on the model which gave birth to the modern professional clarinet, the BC20, compliments the R13 and RC bore families, adding a new acoustic dimension to the Buffet catalog.
Le son à l’état pur,
Translated to mean 'Sound at its purest level'. This is one of the many ways to describe the beauty and tonal character of the new Tradition Clarinet. This model represents a clarinet in its most natural and pure form, without the emphasis on unnecessary alterations or technology.
BC20 Inspired Bore Design
The new poly-cylindrical bore design combined with the Tosca inspired tone hole placement results in an instrument that presents a clear focused and weighted sound suitable for all playing styles and environments. These innovations result in the player being able to focus more on technical aspects, rather than voicing and embouchure alterations to achieve their tonal desires.
Top Quality Mechanisms
With any Buffet Clarinet, you are purchasing one of the best designed and manufactured clarinets on the market. The stainless steel rods and pivot screws are silver plated to provide strength, durability and a stylish look. The maillechort keywork (an alloy of copper, zinc and nickel) has been cold forged and plated in copper and then silver plating. This gives a smoother finish and a longer lasting set of materials. The waterproof GT pads meet undercut tone holes to create a fantastic seal and a sound that is full of tone. After all this, the instrument is adjusted and tuned to precise measurements by expert technicians before it leaves the factory. As a tribute to the clarinets of decades past, the key posts are left in their bare state, to give a vintage and aesthetically pleasing result.
The Buffet 'Tradition' Clarinet comes with a host of accessories, including a dark naugahyde new generation pochette case, ligature and cap, and cleaning and maintenance materials. A mouthpiece is not included.
- Body Material: Carefully Selected Stained African Grenadilla/Black Wood
- Bore Shape: Cylindrical
- Toneholes: Undercut, internally polished
Keys and Mechanisms
- Number of Keys and Rings: 18 Keys, 6 Rings
- Keywork Finish: Cold Forged Silver, Copper and Silver Plated
- Springs: Blue Needle Springs
- Rods and Pivot Joints: Stainless Steel, Silver Plated
- Thumb Rest: Adjustable
- Pads: GT Leather Covered Natural Cork
- Double Attache Case
- Buffet Ligature
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.