Mellophone by Gear4music
Mellophone by Gear4musicDetails
The mellophone in F by Gear4music is an ideal instrument for the marching band. Featuring a horizontal playing position, the sound projects straight forward and towards the audience, perfect for outdoor playing. The three valve non-compensating system makes it lightweight for maximum comfort and give it a sound comparable to a french horn and tenor horn..
Product Ref: 73574View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Horizontal Playing Design
In comparison to conventional tenor horns and french horns, this marching instrument features a bell that faces directly in front of the performer. This is ideal for outside playing, meaning that the sound source can be directed towards the audience instead of straight up in to the air.
The aim of a marching instrument is to provide lots of volume but keep the instrument lightweight. This has been accomplished with the Gear4music mellophone. While the conventional orchestral instrument is quite heavy and held towards the chest, the mellophone features a 3 valve non-compensating system, which results in a lighter instrument that is easier to use over long periods of time. Playing quality is not compromised with this instrument, as it still packs a real punch, particularly at louder dynamics.
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Valves: 3 Stainless Steel Piston Valves
- System: Non-compensating
- Bore Diameter: 11.8mm
- Bell Diameter: 265mm
- Key: Bb
Gear4music - a revolution in competitively priced, high-quality musical instruments and equipment.
Gear4music have teamed up with some of the best manufacturers from around the world to develop our own line of music equipment. Our goal is to provide our customers with a wide choice of high quality, sensibly priced musical instruments.
Using our many years of collective experience we have developed a wide range of instruments and equipment including drum kits, acoustic and electric guitars, woodwind, brass, string instruments and speaker systems. We are proud to offer these to our customers alongside hundreds of other well-known brands. Working closely with our carefully chosen manufacturers, we endeavour to produce reliable, great sounding instruments at a price that is accessible to all. Our musical equipment is made to the same exacting standards that you expect from other highly regarded brands - this is backed up by our standard 28 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Gear4music products are produced ethically and responsibly to meet the expectations of a caring world.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.