Music Gear News

At we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Brian Wilson 'considering' Beach Boys reunion

Brian Wilson is ''considering'' performing with The Beach Boys again to mark their 50th anniversary.
Great deals on musical instruments

Brian Wilson may reunite with The Beach Boys to mark their 50th anniversary.

The group's founder- who recently announced he plans to stop touring next year - has admitted he would "consider" performing with his surviving former bandmates again for the first time since the mid-90s.

Asked if he would share a stage with current members of The Beach Boys Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and Al Jardine to for their 50th anniversary this year, Brian said: "I'm considering it. I don't know yet but I'm considering it.

"Nothing's really holding me back. I just don't know if I want to be around those guys, you know. They're zany guys. They're crazy."

The 'Good Vibrations' hitmaker - whose latest project, ' Brian Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin' sees him cover tracks by US songwriter George Gershwin -also admitted his songwriting has not been as prolific as usual in recent months.

He told BBC 6 Music: "About five years ago I wrote 18 songs in one month. 18 goods, not throwaways. 18 good songs.

"It's slowed way down. I exhausted my creativity. The need to make music isn't in me yet. I need for that need to come back in me."

Brian last performed with the Beach Boys during the making of their 1996 album 'Stars And Stripes Vol. 1' but has toured as a solo artist since.

Despite Brian's comments, his cousin Mike insisted last summer Brian wouldn't perform with them in 2011.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for my cousin Brian to rejoin the tour. We have had some discussions of writing and possibly recording together, but nothing has been planned.

"I felt the need to clarify that there are no current 'reunion' tour plans."

Posted on 16 May 2011 16:15 to category : Music News

Related Music News

With Pearl Jam, Tupac, , Depeche Mode, Janet Jackson and many more being nominated, this years event shaping up to be huge.

20 Oct 2016 10:57

His first album in over 38 years, Chuck's new album is to feature his family and his own original material

19 Oct 2016 14:37

Remidi are nearing the launch of their much anticipated Remidi T8, a glove that grants the user the ability to make music with their hands alone

14 Oct 2016 16:07

Open to the public, the DJ decks are led by professional sound engineers and music producers encouraging commuters to try their hand at mixing.

13 Oct 2016 13:05

The MEGS initiative aims to break small companies and emerging artists into overseas markets

11 Oct 2016 16:16

Not Impossible Labs have developed a vest that is aimed at providing an equal experience for deaf and non deaf concert goers alike.

11 Oct 2016 13:46

Recent Music News

Ranging from the AE-10 Aerophone Digital Wind Instrument to the Boutique VP-03 Vocoder, Roland remain on the cutting edge of musical innovation.

28 Oct 2016 11:08

Introducing the AD-2 Acoustic Amp, CP-1X Compressor and JC-22 Jazz Chorus Guitar Amplifier

27 Oct 2016 16:36

In August controversy was in the air as the Dirty Dancing stage show fired its live musicians in favour of a backing track. Now the Musicians' Union urge its members to join in the protest.

26 Oct 2016 15:38

Cancelling his remaining shows in December due to ill health, fears arise over the guitar legends health

26 Oct 2016 13:08

With two plug-ins worth up to 199 Euros, users who purchase a A77X between 24/10/2016-31/01/2017 can experience unprecedented audio quality at a fraction of the price.

25 Oct 2016 15:09

In recent times, the theft of musical instruments and gear seems to be more prevalent than ever. With this GPS guitar pedal, users can track their stolen equipment simply by logging in online on their phone or tablet.

24 Oct 2016 17:11