Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Brian Wilson 'considering' Beach Boys reunion

Brian Wilson is ''considering'' performing with The Beach Boys again to mark their 50th anniversary.
Great deals on musical instruments

Brian Wilson may reunite with The Beach Boys to mark their 50th anniversary.

The group's founder- who recently announced he plans to stop touring next year - has admitted he would "consider" performing with his surviving former bandmates again for the first time since the mid-90s.

Asked if he would share a stage with current members of The Beach Boys Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and Al Jardine to for their 50th anniversary this year, Brian said: "I'm considering it. I don't know yet but I'm considering it.

"Nothing's really holding me back. I just don't know if I want to be around those guys, you know. They're zany guys. They're crazy."

The 'Good Vibrations' hitmaker - whose latest project, ' Brian Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin' sees him cover tracks by US songwriter George Gershwin -also admitted his songwriting has not been as prolific as usual in recent months.

He told BBC 6 Music: "About five years ago I wrote 18 songs in one month. 18 goods, not throwaways. 18 good songs.

"It's slowed way down. I exhausted my creativity. The need to make music isn't in me yet. I need for that need to come back in me."

Brian last performed with the Beach Boys during the making of their 1996 album 'Stars And Stripes Vol. 1' but has toured as a solo artist since.

Despite Brian's comments, his cousin Mike insisted last summer Brian wouldn't perform with them in 2011.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for my cousin Brian to rejoin the tour. We have had some discussions of writing and possibly recording together, but nothing has been planned.

"I felt the need to clarify that there are no current 'reunion' tour plans."

Posted on 16 May 2011 16:15 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Featuring a whole host of professional grade components, Antelope Audio's Zen Studio is available now at an incredibly discounted price.

17 Nov 2016 09:53
thumbnail

Chief executive of UK Music expects difficulties in the near future for UK artists wishing to work in the USA

16 Nov 2016 13:09
thumbnail

Ticket touters have been routinely slammed by artists and promoters for quite some time. Now, the government are to host an evidence session in which ticket touters and secondary tickets websites will be investigated.

14 Nov 2016 10:46
thumbnail

Shure announce their 'Call for Legends- Live Contest' in which the company search high and low for the next living music legends.

7 Nov 2016 12:12
thumbnail

In August controversy was in the air as the Dirty Dancing stage show fired its live musicians in favour of a backing track. Now the Musicians' Union urge its members to join in the protest.

26 Oct 2016 15:38
thumbnail

In recent times, the theft of musical instruments and gear seems to be more prevalent than ever. With this GPS guitar pedal, users can track their stolen equipment simply by logging in online on their phone or tablet.

24 Oct 2016 17:11

Recent Music News

thumbnail

With new windows drivers installed and great savings to be made on selected models, Focusrite are giving you more and more reasons to be merry this Christmas

1 Dec 2016 14:51
thumbnail

Straight from the 90's, the legendary synth has been given a modern makeover to make it more versatile than ever

1 Dec 2016 12:48
thumbnail

Those who purchase a Zen Tour, Zen Studio, Orion Studio, Orion 32, Orion 32 or Goliath interface will be eligible to receive a free copy of PreSonus' Studio One

30 Nov 2016 10:42
thumbnail

With thousands of new presets and a vast array of functions, the Predator 2 brings next level sound quality and user defined audio manipulation to the players immediate disposal

29 Nov 2016 15:53
thumbnail

With a new arpeggiator and synthesizer at the users disposal, several user requested updates provide the player with more versatility than ever before

29 Nov 2016 14:51
thumbnail

A limited time edition of the Akai MPK Mini MK 2, the white equivalent operates as an eye catching alternative that looks as good as it sounds.

28 Nov 2016 15:37