Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Brian Wilson 'considering' Beach Boys reunion

Brian Wilson is ''considering'' performing with The Beach Boys again to mark their 50th anniversary.
Great deals on musical instruments

Brian Wilson may reunite with The Beach Boys to mark their 50th anniversary.

The group's founder- who recently announced he plans to stop touring next year - has admitted he would "consider" performing with his surviving former bandmates again for the first time since the mid-90s.

Asked if he would share a stage with current members of The Beach Boys Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and Al Jardine to for their 50th anniversary this year, Brian said: "I'm considering it. I don't know yet but I'm considering it.

"Nothing's really holding me back. I just don't know if I want to be around those guys, you know. They're zany guys. They're crazy."

The 'Good Vibrations' hitmaker - whose latest project, ' Brian Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin' sees him cover tracks by US songwriter George Gershwin -also admitted his songwriting has not been as prolific as usual in recent months.

He told BBC 6 Music: "About five years ago I wrote 18 songs in one month. 18 goods, not throwaways. 18 good songs.

"It's slowed way down. I exhausted my creativity. The need to make music isn't in me yet. I need for that need to come back in me."

Brian last performed with the Beach Boys during the making of their 1996 album 'Stars And Stripes Vol. 1' but has toured as a solo artist since.

Despite Brian's comments, his cousin Mike insisted last summer Brian wouldn't perform with them in 2011.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for my cousin Brian to rejoin the tour. We have had some discussions of writing and possibly recording together, but nothing has been planned.

"I felt the need to clarify that there are no current 'reunion' tour plans."

Posted on 16 May 2011 16:15 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Research from the National Association for Music Education has recently highlighted the most fundamental aspects of an effective practice routine and how to be a better musician

30 Dec 2016 15:56
thumbnail

MusicRadar recently spoke to iZotope to get their opinion on intelligent mixers and how they are impacting the contemporary producer.

29 Dec 2016 13:11
thumbnail

The grandfather of virtual reality Jaron Lanier relays a time when the first explorations into virtual reality were concerned with how to create a real air guitar.

28 Dec 2016 16:46
thumbnail

In the wake of an increasing trend for musicians having to work for free or for less than they're entitled to, the Musicians Union show their support.

22 Dec 2016 12:01
thumbnail

Some formats of compressed MP3 have been linked with negatively effecting individuals emotional state due to their inherent tonal characteristics

8 Dec 2016 13:04
thumbnail

Featuring a whole host of professional grade components, Antelope Audio's Zen Studio is available now at an incredibly discounted price.

17 Nov 2016 09:53

Recent Music News

thumbnail

The Sonzera series consists of a 50W combo, 50W Head and 20W combo.Used by Black Stone Cherry and Snarky Puppy, expect professional grade tone right off the bat

13 Jan 2017 13:25
thumbnail

Unconventional being what Ibanez do best, the SRAS7 brings the best of both worlds to the modern musician with its combination fretless and fretted fretboards,

12 Jan 2017 10:52
thumbnail

With a variety of new additions to their 2017 line-up, Korg spill the beans on their new revamps, updates and products that are to be appearing at NAMM

12 Jan 2017 08:34
thumbnail

With a stellar 2017 line up at hand Vox have yet again proved to be the masters of innovation, providing a solid mix of classics and contemporary twists

12 Jan 2017 08:34
thumbnail

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach Spills the Beans On His Less Than Complimentary Thoughts Towards Today's Rock Musicians and Their Work Ethic In the Studio

11 Jan 2017 11:33
thumbnail

Prime Series feature a Media Player, Turntable, Mixer and analysis software. Fulfilling every possible need of the modern DJ, Denon DJ hit the nail on the head.

10 Jan 2017 16:44