Music Gear News
How to Arm a Track and Record in Ableton
Ableton Live is a professional loop-based software music software for Windows and Mac OS. It is designed to be as much a tool of live performance as an instrument. Ableton is peerless as a tool for composing and arranging on the fly.
- Open Ableton
- Goto Options > Preferences
- Check that Audio Input Device and Audio Output Device are set to the name of the soundcard or audio interface that you are using.
- Click on Input Config
- Arm all available channels
- Click Ok and exit the preference window
For the following please refer to diagram
- In the track labeled Audio From select Ext. In and then the channel of choice
- To monitor what is being recorded click on the In button in the Monitor section (for playback this must be returned to Auto).
- Click the small button with a circle on at the bottom of the track to turn it red and arm it
- When the track is armed the formerly Square buttons within the track will turn to Circles
- Clicking on a Circle begins recording.
- As you can see there are many sections like this in the track. Using Ableton you can record many takes / versions / loops all on the same track.
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
We take a look at 11 apps you may want to try...
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
Recent Music News
With a stunning finish and one of a kind tone, the Natal Cafe Racer shell packs are an exciting foundation for professional drummers of almost any genre.
Old Blood Noise Endeavors EQ and Buffer, Headphone Amp and AB/Y Switcher have landed. Rugged and road ready, this trio promise get the most out of your guitar.
The ROLI Loop BLOCK, Lightpad BLOCK and Live BLOCK are now available for purchase at Gear4music. A revelation in your creativity, make music wherever you are.
Those who purchase a copy of Superior Drummer 2 are eligible for any SDX completely free. Additionally, Superior Drummer 2 Crossgrade is available heavily reduced.
Gear4music are now stocking an extremely limited 5 piece Tama Star Bubinga Exotix 5 piece shell pack with an Australian Backwood Finish, Only one in stock!
A pedal that relives the glory of the last centuries' greatest synth sounds , the SYNTH9 Synth Pedal offers the player 9 timeless tones in one package.