Music Gear News
Independent Music Award Winners Announced
With categories such as the Golden Welly award for the best indie festival and Indie Champion award, as well as Hardest Working, and Best 'Difficult' Second Album, the awards cover an eclectic mix of artists and those behind the scenes.
BBC 6 Music presenters did well, with Gilles Peterson named Indie Champion and Steve Lamacq awarded the Special Recognition Award in honour of his 20 years of broadcasting.
Other big winners were Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, who won both Independent Breakthrough Act of the Year and the PPL Award for Most Played Indie Act.
Billy Bragg was honoured with the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award. Other winners included Daughter, The xx, Vampire Weekend and Django Django.
Full list of winners:
- Best Live Act: Enter Shikari
- Independent Breakthrough of the Year: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Hardest Working Band or Artist: Frankie & The Heartstrings
- Best 'Difficult' Second Album: The xx - Coexist
- Independent Album of the Year: Daughter - If You Leave
- Best Small Label: Alcopop! Records
- PPL Award for Most Played Independent Act: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Special Catalogue Release of the Year: Various Artists - Scared to Get Happy: A Story of Indie Pop 1980 - 89
- Independent Label of the Year: Warp
- Independent Track of the Year: Vampire Weekend - Diane Young
- Independent Video of the Year: Django Django - WOR
- Indie Champion Award: Gilles Peterson - BBC 6 Music
- Golden Welly Award: In The Woods
- Special Recognition Award: Steve Lamacq - BBC 6 Music
- Outstanding Contribution to Music: Billy Bragg
- Pioneer Award: Geoff Travis - Rough Trade
By Alice Thomson
Posted on 4 Sep 2013 10:14 to category : Music News
Related Music News
Featuring a whole host of professional grade components, Antelope Audio's Zen Studio is available now at an incredibly discounted price.
Chief executive of UK Music expects difficulties in the near future for UK artists wishing to work in the USA
Ticket touters have been routinely slammed by artists and promoters for quite some time. Now, the government are to host an evidence session in which ticket touters and secondary tickets websites will be investigated.
Shure announce their 'Call for Legends- Live Contest' in which the company search high and low for the next living music legends.
In August controversy was in the air as the Dirty Dancing stage show fired its live musicians in favour of a backing track. Now the Musicians' Union urge its members to join in the protest.
In recent times, the theft of musical instruments and gear seems to be more prevalent than ever. With this GPS guitar pedal, users can track their stolen equipment simply by logging in online on their phone or tablet.
Recent Music News
For those who want to emulate the massive tone of one of the contemporary music scene's biggest percussive heroes, the 'Spooky' signature drum is this winters must have addition to your kit
Some formats of compressed MP3 have been linked with negatively effecting individuals emotional state due to their inherent tonal characteristics
Once again Cubase continue to pave the path of innovation with Cubase Pro 9
Changing colour from its previous grey to a sleek black, the Launch Control XL's appearance has been re imagined to keep it inline with its Launch key and Launchpad counterparts.
Designed to simulate various classic amp tones, Supro's Tremolo Pedal introduces the new school to the old school
A premium belt-drive turntable that features wireless streaming, the BT-500 has been designed to extract every musical detail of your record collection