Music Gear News
Lady Gaga scores best selling album 2010
Lady Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' was the biggest selling album of 2010.
The 'Telephone' singer's record - a repackaged version of her earlier disc, 'The Fame', with an additional eight tracks - sold 5.8 million copies across the globe, according to the United World Chart, compiled by website mediatraffic.de.
Upon hearing the news Gaga tweeted, writing: "'The Fame Monster' was named the best-selling album of 2010!
"I'm so excited for the future, believe + work hard, you will achieve your dreams (sic)."
The eccentric singer's album beat Eminem, who's 'Recovery' sold 5.7 million copies to land him in second place on the chart, while Canadian teen singing sensation Justin Bieber came in third with 5.6 million sales of his 'My World' albums.
Gaga also said she will be making an announcement about her new album 'Born This Way' at midnight on New Year's Eve.
Meanwhile, the singer has been defended by John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, after fans of her ex-husband's band The Beatles criticised Gaga or playing a piano belonging to the star.
Yoko told the Daily Mail newspaper: "I think her playing John's piano was wonderful. Because she's an artist, she's fearless and she pushes every limit, which we both always adored."
United World Chart top 20, as complied by mediatraffic.de:
1. Lady Gaga - The Fame (Monster) - 5.8 million copies
2. Eminem - Recovery - 5.7 million copies
3. Justin Bieber - My Worlds - 5.6 million copies
4. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - 3.6 million copies
5. Taylor Swift - Speak Now - 3.5 million copies
6. Susan Boyle - The Gift - 3.0 million copies
7. Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. - 3.0 million copies
8. Michael Buble - Crazy Love - 3.0 million copies
9. Sade - Soldier Of Love - 2.3 million copies
10. Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom - 2.3 million copies
11. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream - 2.2 million copies
12. Take That - Progress - 2.2 million copies
13. Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream - 2.1 million copies
14. Ke$ha - Animal - 2.1 million copies
15. Rihanna - Loud - 2.0 million copies
16. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More - 1.8 million copies
17. Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown - 1.7 million copies
18. Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits - 1.7 million copies
19. Usher - Raymond V Raymond - 1.7 million copies
20. Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns - 1.7 million copiesPosted on 28 Dec 2010 16:15 to category : Band / Celebrity News
Related Music News
Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach Spills the Beans On His Less Than Complimentary Thoughts Towards Today's Rock Musicians and Their Work Ethic In the Studio
The prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction will be honouring several artists this year, including prog legends Yes. Rick Wakeman has stated that he will not be attending.
Laying the foundations for generations of artists to follow, the legendary musician Leonard Cohen has passed away from unspecified causes.
Stating it as more of a necessity for the band, M. Shadows highlights the importance of not stagnating and keeping things exciting
Cancelling his remaining shows in December due to ill health, fears arise over the guitar legends health
Verified by the guitarist himself, Slash's B.C Rich played a pivotal role in Guns N' Roses rise to fame
Recent Music News
With various different entries, Ibanez unleash a spectacular array of signature models to their NAMM 2017 line up
With extensive research conducted into how to make a kit that truly caters to the player and their specific needs, Pearl hit a home run with these one of a kind custom kits
A revamp of one of Ludwig's most popular snares, the Ludwig Black Beauty 14x8 projects classic tone and looks as good as the original
Mackie's Big Knob Studio Interface continues the legacy of its predecessors, championing various new features and exciting tech to reiterate its triumphant return.
Line 6's first ever artist designed guitar, the Shuriken personifies the aggressive and technical playing styles of metal enthusiasts around the world.
Building on the foundations of its predecessor the Prophet 08, the REV2 features a whole array of interesting and innovative additions to its format.