Music Gear News
Lady Gaga scores best selling album 2010
Lady Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' was the biggest selling album of 2010.
The 'Telephone' singer's record - a repackaged version of her earlier disc, 'The Fame', with an additional eight tracks - sold 5.8 million copies across the globe, according to the United World Chart, compiled by website mediatraffic.de.
Upon hearing the news Gaga tweeted, writing: "'The Fame Monster' was named the best-selling album of 2010!
"I'm so excited for the future, believe + work hard, you will achieve your dreams (sic)."
The eccentric singer's album beat Eminem, who's 'Recovery' sold 5.7 million copies to land him in second place on the chart, while Canadian teen singing sensation Justin Bieber came in third with 5.6 million sales of his 'My World' albums.
Gaga also said she will be making an announcement about her new album 'Born This Way' at midnight on New Year's Eve.
Meanwhile, the singer has been defended by John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, after fans of her ex-husband's band The Beatles criticised Gaga or playing a piano belonging to the star.
Yoko told the Daily Mail newspaper: "I think her playing John's piano was wonderful. Because she's an artist, she's fearless and she pushes every limit, which we both always adored."
United World Chart top 20, as complied by mediatraffic.de:
1. Lady Gaga - The Fame (Monster) - 5.8 million copies
2. Eminem - Recovery - 5.7 million copies
3. Justin Bieber - My Worlds - 5.6 million copies
4. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - 3.6 million copies
5. Taylor Swift - Speak Now - 3.5 million copies
6. Susan Boyle - The Gift - 3.0 million copies
7. Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. - 3.0 million copies
8. Michael Buble - Crazy Love - 3.0 million copies
9. Sade - Soldier Of Love - 2.3 million copies
10. Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom - 2.3 million copies
11. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream - 2.2 million copies
12. Take That - Progress - 2.2 million copies
13. Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream - 2.1 million copies
14. Ke$ha - Animal - 2.1 million copies
15. Rihanna - Loud - 2.0 million copies
16. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More - 1.8 million copies
17. Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown - 1.7 million copies
18. Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits - 1.7 million copies
19. Usher - Raymond V Raymond - 1.7 million copies
20. Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns - 1.7 million copiesPosted on 28 Dec 2010 16:15 to category : Band / Celebrity News
Related Music News
Verified by the guitarist himself, Slash's B.C Rich played a pivotal role in Guns N' Roses rise to fame
Featuring a number of tracks by their favourite artists, the Stone's latest effort is set for release December 2nd
Speaking to friend and radio host Eddie Trunk Frehley stated that he would rejoin the band if the offer came his way
In aid of The Children Hospital Charity, Arctic Monkeys have signed a statue of an elephant to be auctioned off for charity
Following a tweet on Wednesday, the band revealed a typo error in their previous announcement and have revealed that they will be returning in 2017
A plaque marking where David Bowie resided whilst he created his revered Berlin album trilogy has been destroyed
Recent Music News
Paving the path for unique high quality drum stools, Roc 'n' Soc's products cater to caters comfort and overall playing experience.
With great discounts on Toontrack EZmix 2 Mix Software, Toontrack EZmix 2 Mixing Software EZmix Preset Pack Bundle and Toontrack EZmix Presets Bundle for EZMix 2 Mixing Software the choice for great and affordable mixing software has never been clearer!
Builiding on their reputation for developing cutting edge music gear and accessories, Samsons new Z series bring professional audio quality and transparency to the table
With Pearl Jam, Tupac, , Depeche Mode, Janet Jackson and many more being nominated, this years event shaping up to be huge.
His first album in over 38 years, Chuck's new album is to feature his family and his own original material
Toontrack have released Big Rock, a vintage based rock pack that brings classic flavours in a modern package