Music Gear News
Lady Gaga scores best selling album 2010
Lady Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' was the biggest selling album of 2010.
The 'Telephone' singer's record - a repackaged version of her earlier disc, 'The Fame', with an additional eight tracks - sold 5.8 million copies across the globe, according to the United World Chart, compiled by website mediatraffic.de.
Upon hearing the news Gaga tweeted, writing: "'The Fame Monster' was named the best-selling album of 2010!
"I'm so excited for the future, believe + work hard, you will achieve your dreams (sic)."
The eccentric singer's album beat Eminem, who's 'Recovery' sold 5.7 million copies to land him in second place on the chart, while Canadian teen singing sensation Justin Bieber came in third with 5.6 million sales of his 'My World' albums.
Gaga also said she will be making an announcement about her new album 'Born This Way' at midnight on New Year's Eve.
Meanwhile, the singer has been defended by John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, after fans of her ex-husband's band The Beatles criticised Gaga or playing a piano belonging to the star.
Yoko told the Daily Mail newspaper: "I think her playing John's piano was wonderful. Because she's an artist, she's fearless and she pushes every limit, which we both always adored."
United World Chart top 20, as complied by mediatraffic.de:
1. Lady Gaga - The Fame (Monster) - 5.8 million copies
2. Eminem - Recovery - 5.7 million copies
3. Justin Bieber - My Worlds - 5.6 million copies
4. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - 3.6 million copies
5. Taylor Swift - Speak Now - 3.5 million copies
6. Susan Boyle - The Gift - 3.0 million copies
7. Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. - 3.0 million copies
8. Michael Buble - Crazy Love - 3.0 million copies
9. Sade - Soldier Of Love - 2.3 million copies
10. Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom - 2.3 million copies
11. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream - 2.2 million copies
12. Take That - Progress - 2.2 million copies
13. Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream - 2.1 million copies
14. Ke$ha - Animal - 2.1 million copies
15. Rihanna - Loud - 2.0 million copies
16. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More - 1.8 million copies
17. Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown - 1.7 million copies
18. Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits - 1.7 million copies
19. Usher - Raymond V Raymond - 1.7 million copies
20. Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns - 1.7 million copiesPosted on 28 Dec 2010 16:15 to category : Band / Celebrity News
Related Music News
Laying the foundations for generations of artists to follow, the legendary musician Leonard Cohen has passed away from unspecified causes.
Stating it as more of a necessity for the band, M. Shadows highlights the importance of not stagnating and keeping things exciting
Cancelling his remaining shows in December due to ill health, fears arise over the guitar legends health
Verified by the guitarist himself, Slash's B.C Rich played a pivotal role in Guns N' Roses rise to fame
Featuring a number of tracks by their favourite artists, the Stone's latest effort is set for release December 2nd
Speaking to friend and radio host Eddie Trunk Frehley stated that he would rejoin the band if the offer came his way
Recent Music News
A premium belt-drive turntable that features wireless streaming, the BT-500 has been designed to extract every musical detail of your record collection
With new windows drivers installed and great savings to be made on selected models, Focusrite are giving you more and more reasons to be merry this Christmas
Straight from the 90's, the legendary synth has been given a modern makeover to make it more versatile than ever
Those who purchase a Zen Tour, Zen Studio, Orion Studio, Orion 32, Orion 32 or Goliath interface will be eligible to receive a free copy of PreSonus' Studio One
With thousands of new presets and a vast array of functions, the Predator 2 brings next level sound quality and user defined audio manipulation to the players immediate disposal
With a new arpeggiator and synthesizer at the users disposal, several user requested updates provide the player with more versatility than ever before