Music Gear News

At we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Ne-Yo scared to record Jackson tribute

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for sadly passed singer Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.
Great deals on musical instruments

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.

The 'Beautiful Monster' singer had worked on a number of songs for the late 'Thriller' singer's comeback last year, before he tragically died of acute Propofol intoxication days before he was due to return to the stage, and now he says he's afraid of recording them himself.

Ne-Yo said: "Michael told me the songs had to be magical. 'Magical' was a word that kept coming up. He chose about ten of my songs for his new album. But I don't know what to do with them now.

"I'm afraid that if I make a tribute record people will think I'm cashing in on my idol."

Ne-Yo has previously said that when Michael initially called him about working together in 2008 he wouldn't believe it was the 'King Of Pop' and put the phone down on him.

He said: "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playing.

"I was like, 'Who's this?' and the reply came, 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click.

"Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

'One in a Million', Ne-Yo's third single from his new album, 'Libra Scale', is available to download now.

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 16:30 to category : Music News

Related Music News

Remidi are nearing the launch of their much anticipated Remidi T8, a glove that grants the user the ability to make music with their hands alone

14 Oct 2016 16:07

Open to the public, the DJ decks are led by professional sound engineers and music producers encouraging commuters to try their hand at mixing.

13 Oct 2016 13:05

The MEGS initiative aims to break small companies and emerging artists into overseas markets

11 Oct 2016 16:16

Not Impossible Labs have developed a vest that is aimed at providing an equal experience for deaf and non deaf concert goers alike.

11 Oct 2016 13:46

Classic FM's Illustrious Music Teacher Awards are set to the biggest ever, showcasing the outstanding educational achievements of music teachers from across the UK

7 Oct 2016 13:42

In a bid to retain the standard of musical education across the board, the UK government endeavor to preserve their teaching incentive

5 Oct 2016 15:07

Recent Music News

Builiding on their reputation for developing cutting edge music gear and accessories, Samsons new Z series bring professional audio quality and transparency to the table

20 Oct 2016 17:06

With Pearl Jam, Tupac, , Depeche Mode, Janet Jackson and many more being nominated, this years event shaping up to be huge.

20 Oct 2016 10:57

His first album in over 38 years, Chuck's new album is to feature his family and his own original material

19 Oct 2016 14:37

Toontrack have released Big Rock, a vintage based rock pack that brings classic flavours in a modern package

18 Oct 2016 15:07

A promotional offer from Akai running until the 31st December allows the user to explore a vast array of professional sounds on the renowned MPD218

18 Oct 2016 09:11

Opening a public forum on Facebook, Behringer are looking to make the dream product, catering to their customers every need.

17 Oct 2016 15:36