Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Ne-Yo scared to record Jackson tribute

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for sadly passed singer Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.
Great deals on musical instruments

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.

The 'Beautiful Monster' singer had worked on a number of songs for the late 'Thriller' singer's comeback last year, before he tragically died of acute Propofol intoxication days before he was due to return to the stage, and now he says he's afraid of recording them himself.

Ne-Yo said: "Michael told me the songs had to be magical. 'Magical' was a word that kept coming up. He chose about ten of my songs for his new album. But I don't know what to do with them now.

"I'm afraid that if I make a tribute record people will think I'm cashing in on my idol."

Ne-Yo has previously said that when Michael initially called him about working together in 2008 he wouldn't believe it was the 'King Of Pop' and put the phone down on him.

He said: "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playing.

"I was like, 'Who's this?' and the reply came, 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click.

"Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

'One in a Million', Ne-Yo's third single from his new album, 'Libra Scale', is available to download now.

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 16:30 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Featuring a whole host of professional grade components, Antelope Audio's Zen Studio is available now at an incredibly discounted price.

17 Nov 2016 09:53
thumbnail

Chief executive of UK Music expects difficulties in the near future for UK artists wishing to work in the USA

16 Nov 2016 13:09
thumbnail

Ticket touters have been routinely slammed by artists and promoters for quite some time. Now, the government are to host an evidence session in which ticket touters and secondary tickets websites will be investigated.

14 Nov 2016 10:46
thumbnail

Shure announce their 'Call for Legends- Live Contest' in which the company search high and low for the next living music legends.

7 Nov 2016 12:12
thumbnail

In August controversy was in the air as the Dirty Dancing stage show fired its live musicians in favour of a backing track. Now the Musicians' Union urge its members to join in the protest.

26 Oct 2016 15:38
thumbnail

In recent times, the theft of musical instruments and gear seems to be more prevalent than ever. With this GPS guitar pedal, users can track their stolen equipment simply by logging in online on their phone or tablet.

24 Oct 2016 17:11

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Straight from the 90's, the legendary synth has been given a modern makeover to make it more versatile than ever

1 Dec 2016 12:48
thumbnail

Those who purchase a Zen Tour, Zen Studio, Orion Studio, Orion 32, Orion 32 or Goliath interface will be eligible to receive a free copy of PreSonus' Studio One

30 Nov 2016 10:42
thumbnail

With thousands of new presets and a vast array of functions, the Predator 2 brings next level sound quality and user defined audio manipulation to the players immediate disposal

29 Nov 2016 15:53
thumbnail

With a new arpeggiator and synthesizer at the users disposal, several user requested updates provide the player with more versatility than ever before

29 Nov 2016 14:51
thumbnail

A limited time edition of the Akai MPK Mini MK 2, the white equivalent operates as an eye catching alternative that looks as good as it sounds.

28 Nov 2016 15:37
thumbnail

Bursting with a number of great features, the Celviano Grand Hybrid offers the player unparalleled performance and unprecedented tone

28 Nov 2016 15:06