Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Ne-Yo scared to record Jackson tribute

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for sadly passed singer Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.
Great deals on musical instruments

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.

The 'Beautiful Monster' singer had worked on a number of songs for the late 'Thriller' singer's comeback last year, before he tragically died of acute Propofol intoxication days before he was due to return to the stage, and now he says he's afraid of recording them himself.

Ne-Yo said: "Michael told me the songs had to be magical. 'Magical' was a word that kept coming up. He chose about ten of my songs for his new album. But I don't know what to do with them now.

"I'm afraid that if I make a tribute record people will think I'm cashing in on my idol."

Ne-Yo has previously said that when Michael initially called him about working together in 2008 he wouldn't believe it was the 'King Of Pop' and put the phone down on him.

He said: "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playing.

"I was like, 'Who's this?' and the reply came, 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click.

"Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

'One in a Million', Ne-Yo's third single from his new album, 'Libra Scale', is available to download now.

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 16:30 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

With the advent of various new files formats and the cancelling of several licensing programs, the MP3 is speculated to soon become a thing of the past.

17 May 2017 12:40
thumbnail

JBL Professional has launched a competition that gives aspiring musician the opportunity to record in a professional facility with renowned producer Steve Levine.

8 May 2017 14:48
thumbnail

Delivered by Choreographer and Theater Director Arlene Phillips, The Bacc For the Future campaign has acquired support of over 100 hundred influential figures

28 Mar 2017 12:28
thumbnail

On the 22nd of April, Pink Floyd will be releasing an unheard version of the iconic classic 'Interstellar Overdrive' in celebration of world record day

23 Mar 2017 15:29
thumbnail

With an increased quality of specifications right across the board, Apple's eponymous 'iPad' will host a whole generous selection of great new features.

22 Mar 2017 15:09
thumbnail

Supported by the likes of Ed Sheeran, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice and many more, Fanfair Alliances new educational guide is available for free download online.

21 Mar 2017 15:25

Recent Music News

thumbnail

The latest addition to the illustrious range of Katana Amplifiers, the Katana-Mini guitar amplifier brings classic BOSS tone in a portable and lightweight design

23 Jun 2017 10:23
thumbnail

Today's second pedal release from BOSS for Roland's 'Future Redesigned' campaign, the MD-500 is the latest comprehensive workhorse for the modern musician.

23 Jun 2017 09:49
thumbnail

The most advanced reverb pedal to come from BOSS to date, the RV-500 pedal promises a wealth of tone shaping options and professional grade versatility

23 Jun 2017 09:14
thumbnail

Using the feedback from the guitar player community Walrus Audio has devised a new and improved pedal that eliminates the pitfalls of its predecessor.

22 Jun 2017 16:09
thumbnail

After the release of the Hall of Fame 2 and Pipeline Tap Tremolo Pedals, TC Electronic's Flashback 2 promises for unprecedented expression and otherworldly tone.

21 Jun 2017 15:29
thumbnail

Looking to get that perfect take? M-Audio's M-Track 2X2 Vocal Studio Pro gives you professional standard recording capabilities in a robust and compact format.

20 Jun 2017 15:01