Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Ne-Yo scared to record Jackson tribute

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for sadly passed singer Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.
Great deals on musical instruments

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.

The 'Beautiful Monster' singer had worked on a number of songs for the late 'Thriller' singer's comeback last year, before he tragically died of acute Propofol intoxication days before he was due to return to the stage, and now he says he's afraid of recording them himself.

Ne-Yo said: "Michael told me the songs had to be magical. 'Magical' was a word that kept coming up. He chose about ten of my songs for his new album. But I don't know what to do with them now.

"I'm afraid that if I make a tribute record people will think I'm cashing in on my idol."

Ne-Yo has previously said that when Michael initially called him about working together in 2008 he wouldn't believe it was the 'King Of Pop' and put the phone down on him.

He said: "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playing.

"I was like, 'Who's this?' and the reply came, 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click.

"Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

'One in a Million', Ne-Yo's third single from his new album, 'Libra Scale', is available to download now.

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 16:30 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

With the advent of various new files formats and the cancelling of several licensing programs, the MP3 is speculated to soon become a thing of the past.

17 May 2017 12:40
thumbnail

JBL Professional has launched a competition that gives aspiring musician the opportunity to record in a professional facility with renowned producer Steve Levine.

8 May 2017 14:48
thumbnail

Delivered by Choreographer and Theater Director Arlene Phillips, The Bacc For the Future campaign has acquired support of over 100 hundred influential figures

28 Mar 2017 12:28
thumbnail

On the 22nd of April, Pink Floyd will be releasing an unheard version of the iconic classic 'Interstellar Overdrive' in celebration of world record day

23 Mar 2017 15:29
thumbnail

With an increased quality of specifications right across the board, Apple's eponymous 'iPad' will host a whole generous selection of great new features.

22 Mar 2017 15:09
thumbnail

Supported by the likes of Ed Sheeran, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice and many more, Fanfair Alliances new educational guide is available for free download online.

21 Mar 2017 15:25

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Alesis' II Mesh Electronic Drum Kit is a kit geared specifically towards advanced drummers looking to explore a variety of different timbres and sounds.

16 Aug 2017 12:26
thumbnail

Celebrating 50 years since his iconic performance at Monterey pop festival, Fender's Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster recreates the sound of a cultural icon.

16 Aug 2017 10:08
thumbnail

Building upon the already established fan favourite DJ-808 DJ Controller, Roland have now announced the launch of the portable and compact DJ-202 DJ Controller.

14 Aug 2017 08:00
thumbnail

Coinciding with the launch of its brand new DJ-202 counterpart, the Roland DJ-505 DJ Controller breathes a breath of new life into Roland's renowned DJ range.

14 Aug 2017 08:00
thumbnail

New to Roland's illustrious boutique range, the SH-01A builds upon the foundations of the revered SH-1A, granting the player a whole range of vintage voices.

8 Aug 2017 08:10
thumbnail

Based on the legendary TR-808m the TR-08 Rhythm Composer brings all of the legendary capabilities of its forefather into a more modern and streamlined format.

8 Aug 2017 08:10