Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Usher branded 'disrespectful'

'OMG' singer Usher has been blasted as ''disrespectful'' by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.
Great deals on musical instruments

Usher has been blasted as "disrespectful" by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.

Jermaine - who was behind the 'OMG' singer's 2004 album 'Confessions'- said he will have no more to do with usher because he feels he snubbed him when it came to making his latest album 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

He said: "Well, I didn't really want to be executive producer of Usher's projects after 'Confessions'.

"You sold more records than any other artist in this decade based on that album and now I have to ask Usher, 'Am I the executive producer of your next album?' That seems disrespectful to me."

"As a producer, it's kind of hard for me to go back into people's projects when I gave you your biggest album ever."

Jermaine - the ex-boyfriend of Janet Jackson - added he expects people to ask him to produce them, which is what has led him to work with younger artists, such as Hot Dollar and Rocko.

He added: "I don't feel like I'm supposed to ask to produce anymore. People are supposed to come to me and tell me that I'm the executive producer. That's why I get more kicks working with younger artists."

Despite his comments, Jermaine co-wrote the track 'Foolin' Around' on 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

Jermaine is also presently working with Mariah Carey on the follow up to her last album 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'.

Posted on 6 May 2010 07:00 to category : Band / Celebrity News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Through a collaboration with Martin, Sheeran's latest signature model features artwork from his latest album '÷' and has been built to his exact specifications.

25 Apr 2017 17:08
thumbnail

An icon who helped propel the rock 'n' roll movement to new and unprecedented heights. Chucky Berry is praised by many as a founding father of modern music.

20 Mar 2017 11:31
thumbnail

Founding guitarist of legendary LA band Y and T Joey Alves passes away due to complications relating to Ulcerative Colitis. Documentary on soon to follow.

13 Mar 2017 13:12
thumbnail

Destroyer Cola is to be the latest release in rock veterans Kiss' long line of merchandise currently available to the general public for purchase

7 Mar 2017 15:23
thumbnail

In a recent unconfirmed report, frontman of famous rock and roll outfit Guns N' Roses is said to be heading into the studio with Australian rock veterans AC/DC

24 Feb 2017 13:13
thumbnail

Never before has music been so accessible. With social media, tab sites and forums at your immediate disposal, learning your favourite song couldn't be easier.

9 Feb 2017 15:22

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Designed in collaboration with celebrated musician Devin Townsend, Mooer's Ocean Machine blends gorgeous, transient tones with powerful expression and depth.

24 Apr 2017 13:35
thumbnail

JHS Pedals give us the lowdown on their latest pedal launches and re-releases from NAMM 2017, with products Shipping to European dealers on April 24th.

21 Apr 2017 15:18
thumbnail

Introducing a sleek aesthetic to an established favourite, Arturia's Step Range offer an extensive selection of creative options to the discerning musician.

21 Apr 2017 11:52
thumbnail

News has emerged from Superbooth that Behringer will be introducing their brand new Deep Mind 6, a smaller more condensed version of its big brother DeepMind 12

20 Apr 2017 16:32
thumbnail

Utilizing innovative features designed to complement the modern piano player, Yamaha's MX88 Synth offers a re purposed design and flawless functionality.

20 Apr 2017 13:33
thumbnail

Need to sort out your audio inconsistencies? iZotope launch an update across three of of their pieces audio editing software: Elements, Regular and Advanced.

20 Apr 2017 12:17