Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Usher branded 'disrespectful'

'OMG' singer Usher has been blasted as ''disrespectful'' by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.
Great deals on musical instruments

Usher has been blasted as "disrespectful" by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.

Jermaine - who was behind the 'OMG' singer's 2004 album 'Confessions'- said he will have no more to do with usher because he feels he snubbed him when it came to making his latest album 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

He said: "Well, I didn't really want to be executive producer of Usher's projects after 'Confessions'.

"You sold more records than any other artist in this decade based on that album and now I have to ask Usher, 'Am I the executive producer of your next album?' That seems disrespectful to me."

"As a producer, it's kind of hard for me to go back into people's projects when I gave you your biggest album ever."

Jermaine - the ex-boyfriend of Janet Jackson - added he expects people to ask him to produce them, which is what has led him to work with younger artists, such as Hot Dollar and Rocko.

He added: "I don't feel like I'm supposed to ask to produce anymore. People are supposed to come to me and tell me that I'm the executive producer. That's why I get more kicks working with younger artists."

Despite his comments, Jermaine co-wrote the track 'Foolin' Around' on 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

Jermaine is also presently working with Mariah Carey on the follow up to her last album 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'.

Posted on 6 May 2010 07:00 to category : Band / Celebrity News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Through a collaboration with Martin, Sheeran's latest signature model features artwork from his latest album '÷' and has been built to his exact specifications.

25 Apr 2017 17:08
thumbnail

An icon who helped propel the rock 'n' roll movement to new and unprecedented heights. Chucky Berry is praised by many as a founding father of modern music.

20 Mar 2017 11:31
thumbnail

Founding guitarist of legendary LA band Y and T Joey Alves passes away due to complications relating to Ulcerative Colitis. Documentary on soon to follow.

13 Mar 2017 13:12
thumbnail

Destroyer Cola is to be the latest release in rock veterans Kiss' long line of merchandise currently available to the general public for purchase

7 Mar 2017 15:23
thumbnail

In a recent unconfirmed report, frontman of famous rock and roll outfit Guns N' Roses is said to be heading into the studio with Australian rock veterans AC/DC

24 Feb 2017 13:13
thumbnail

Never before has music been so accessible. With social media, tab sites and forums at your immediate disposal, learning your favourite song couldn't be easier.

9 Feb 2017 15:22

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Celebrating 50 years since his iconic performance at Monterey pop festival, Fender's Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster recreates the sound of a cultural icon.

16 Aug 2017 10:08
thumbnail

Building upon the already established fan favourite DJ-808 DJ Controller, Roland have now announced the launch of the portable and compact DJ-202 DJ Controller.

14 Aug 2017 08:00
thumbnail

Coinciding with the launch of its brand new DJ-202 counterpart, the Roland DJ-505 DJ Controller breathes a breath of new life into Roland's renowned DJ range.

14 Aug 2017 08:00
thumbnail

New to Roland's illustrious boutique range, the SH-01A builds upon the foundations of the revered SH-1A, granting the player a whole range of vintage voices.

8 Aug 2017 08:10
thumbnail

Based on the legendary TR-808m the TR-08 Rhythm Composer brings all of the legendary capabilities of its forefather into a more modern and streamlined format.

8 Aug 2017 08:10
thumbnail

Designed to complement the TR-08 Rhythm Composer, the Roland SP-404A Linear Wave Sampler offers a plethora of exciting new sampling methods for live performances.

8 Aug 2017 08:10