Alvarez AD60-12 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Alvarez AD60-12 12-String Acoustic GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 79668View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
12 String Guitar
A 12 string guitar possesses a superb richness and fullness that you simply cannot achieve from a standard 6 string guitar. The strings are tuned in octaves with those of the upper two courses tuned in unison, providing a full tone. The Alvarez AD60-12 12-String Acoustic Guitar is the perfect choice for adding a depth to your performances, as well as versatility.
Dreadnought Body Shape
The dreadnought body shape is one of the most popular guitar shapes around. With its elegant curves, the dreadnought body shape offers a versatile voice that is evenly balanced across the tonal spectrum, and can be used in any mix. In addition, this popular body shape accommodates many different playing styles, making it a favourite choice amongst acoustic players.
Sitka Spruce & Mahogany
The Alvarez AD60-12 12-String Acoustic Guitar features a solid A grade sitka spruce top, along with a mahogany body offering a traditional appearance and a superb tone. This stunning sitka spruce top has been especially hand selected from quarter-sawn wood, and produces a crisp, versatile tone suitable for many styles of playing. The AD60-12 produces a powerful, direct and un-muddied sound and will retain its clarity when you strum hard. As well as sitka spruce, mahogany is also a dense wood that is capable of delivering a a warm and woody tone with a slightly emphasised mid range. Mahogany also offers a balanced tone that accommodates a versatile range of different playing styles, and is a great choice for those looking for one instrument that can handle many styles from fingerstyle to strumming.
Bracing Enhances the Strength
Like many acoustic models from Alvarez, this beautiful 12 string guitar also features a forward shifted X brace design. This type of design includes scalloped X braces and asymmetric tone bars. By moving the bracing system forward, it provides a larger soundboard, which is optimised with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
Real Bone Nut
The Alvarez AD60-12 12-String Acoustic Guitar also features a real bone nut, which maintains its authentic appearance. The main purpose of a using a real bone nut compared to modern materials is due the fact that bone offers excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
D'Addario EXP strings Deliver a Superb Tone
As well as offering an excellent combination of features to provide a powerful acoustic tone, the AD60-12's final ingredient is a set of D’Addario EXP strings. These plain steel strings feature hexagonal cores made of revolutionary NY High Carbon Steel. Manufactured in New York, these newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon strings deliver unprecedented strength and pitch stability.
- Dreadnought body delivers a versatile tone and can accommodate any playing style
- 12 Strings deliver a full, rich tone that cannot be achieved on a standard 6 string guitar
- Sitka Spruce soundboard offers a stunning grain, with crisp articulation and a powerful projection
- Mahogany body delivers a warm, dark tone worthy of any playing style
- Forward shifted X brace design delivers a larger soundboard
- Ornate details include a black pickguard, Ivory ABS binding, detailed rosette and mother of pearl and abalone inlays
- A real bone nut offers an authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain
- Bi-Level Rosewood bridge delivers a unique appearance
- D’Addario EXP strings provide a superb, long-lasting tone and playing ease
Body & Bridge
- Series: Alvarez Artist
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Back/ Side Wood: Mahogany
- Top Material: Solid A+ Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: FST2M - Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Bi-Level Rosewood
- Finish: Natural/Gloss
- Binding: Ivory ABS
- Scale Length: 648mm
- Body Depth: 100mm
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Finish: 50/50 Semi gloss finish
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 48mm
- Fret Joint: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Tuners: Premium Die Cast
- Strings: D’Addario EXP
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.