BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer
BOSS VE-8 Acoustic SingerDetails
Product Ref: 71780View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Compact Preamp and Module Solution
The VE-8 Acoustic Singer has been designed with the singer/songwriter in mind, allowing you to add a new layer of depth to your performances with its range of effects and studio-quality vocal processing. This compact module provides you with a range of different controls and functions that allow you to process your vocals and guitar. Articulate and rich BOSS sound processing helps to bring the best out of your vocals and guitar sound providing you with with simple yet intuitive controls that let you affect everything from Acoustic Resonance on the guitar to enhancing vocals or adding Reverb. You can also save settings and setups thanks to the 50 memory locations, which can be instantly recalled at any time
Vocals And Guitar Processing
The VE-8 provides you with a range of controls and functions that let your process and affect your guitar and vocal signals. For vocals you simply have to plug a microphone into the integrated XLR input and dial in the effects you desire. Everything from subtle ambience that adds a new layer of depth to vocal performances to more aggressive electronic effects such as as distortion or radio voice tones for added versatility. The studio-quality vocal processing produces exceptional audio quality while retaining the nuances of the original sound. Chromatic pitch correction has also bee included for live vocal tuning.The dedicated guitar channels offers a range of parameters and effects such as acoustic resonance, reverb, chorus, phase invert and more. One of the most unique effects - Acoustic Resonance - works to restore your natural sound, combating against unwanted sound, typically associated with undersaddle pickups used in electro acoustics. For added convenience the unit features a built-in tuner, making the VE-8 an all-in-one performance solution. The phase switch and notch filter also help to eliminate any feedback issues within an instant.
Harmony and Loop Controls
One of the most unique features of the VE-8 is the ability to record and control loops as well as vocal harmonies. The custom-designed looper within the VE-8 allows you to lay down everything from percussive rhythms to chord progressions and vocal runs. The looper works by using the dedicated footswitch to record and stop the loop function. You can select to loop your guitar or voice individually or both via the the panel buttons, or with an optional footswitch.As well as being able to use loops, the VE-8 also gives you the ability to produce natural vocal harmonies, for added performance value. The harmony function features three different modes: Automatic, Hybrid and Fixed. Each of these modes provides you with different settings for generating vocal harmonies. The automatic harmony function detects the key your playing in and produces the correct harmony whilst you sing, for quick and easy harmonic vocal runs. Hybrid and Fixed harmony modes provide you with different settings for added versatility, suitable for a range of performing and recording applications. Additionally, there is a vocal doubling effect which delivers increased presence to your voice.
The VE-8 features a range of inputs and outputs that lets you get the most out of the unit. The rear panel features a guitar instrument input, plus an XLR mic input with switchable phantom power for condenser microphones. Additionally there is an AUX input allowing you to connect a smartphone or other device to the unit to play backing music Stereo XLR balanced outputs have also been provided allowing you to directly feed the VE-8 to a house PA. There is also stereo 1/4'' outputs that let you send a separate signal to stage monitors or an amplifier. The guitar and vocal channels also feature a three-band EQ that lets you sculpt and shape your tone to suit your style and sound. The VE-8 also features a direct recording interface that works via USB and can be connected to your favourite digital audio workstation software.
The VE-8 makes it easy to get professional, studio-level vocal sounds right away. Just plug your mic into the XLR input and dial up some nice ambience, add clarity and control with the Enhance feature, and more. You can even call up hard-tuned electronic voice sounds, distortion, and radio voice tones to bring some modern edge to your acoustic performances.
- Compact, all-in-one preamp and effects solution for singers who play acoustic guitar
- Dial in rich, sophisticated BOSS sound processing with simple, intuitive controls
- Studio-quality vocal processing includes four types of ambience effects plus Enhance, chromatic pitch correction for live vocal tuning, and more
- Create natural vocal harmonies in real time based on guitar input or manual key settings
- Also includes a vocal doubling effect, plus more dramatic processing like hard-tuned electronic voices, distortion, and a radio voice effect
- Dedicated guitar channel includes Acoustic Resonance, reverb, chorus, tuner, and various effects, plus phase invert and notch filter for feedback control
- Looper function with 80 seconds of recording time and the ability to loop guitar and vocals independently
- Memory mode for storing and recalling 50 favorite settings
- Flexible connections for integrating with a main PA and stage monitors, plus USB for computer recording
- Runs on six AA batteries or included AC adapter
- Nominal Input Level:MIC IN: -40 dBu (MIC SENS = Center), GUITAR IN: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance:MIC IN: 4 k ohms, GUITAR IN: 20 M ohms, AUX IN: 18 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level:LINE OUT L/MONO, R: -10 dBu, XLR OUT L, R: -10 dBu (Vocal&Guitar, Guitar), -40 dBu (Vocal)
- Output Impedance:LINE OUT L/MONO, R: 1 k ohm, XLR OUT L, R: 600 ohms, PHONES: 44 ohms
- Mode:Manual, Memory (Memory change/stomp)
- Number of Memory: 50 Effects[Vocal part]:
- PITCH CORRECT
- HARMONY/FX: HIGH, HIGHER, HIGH&HIGHER, LOW, HIGH&LOW, DOUBLE, RADIO, DIST, ELECTRIC
- 3 BAND EQ, LOW CUT
- [Guitar part]
- ACOUSTIC RESONANCE
- CHORUS/FX: CHORUS, TREMOLO, PHASER, DELAY, MOD DELAY, OCTAVE, SLOW GEAR, RING MOD
- 3 BAND EQ, LOW CUT
- NOTCH FILTER, PHASE
- Phrase Loop:80 sec
- Display: 7 segments, 2 digits LED
- MIC IN connector: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
- GUITAR IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- XLR OUT L, R connectors: XLR type
- LINE OUT L/MONO, R jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MEMORY INC/DEC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Current Draw: 360 mA
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", AC adaptor
- Width: 217 mm
- Depth: 161 mm
- Height: 65 mm
- Weight (including battery): 1.3 kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.