View Full Description
Postmodern Series by Fender
The Postmodern Series is not bound to any particular year or design era, Custom Shop Postmodern guitars represent six decades of ''Fender firsts'' based simply on Fender's own subjective view of what works best in a single instrument. Designed to be player friendly with enhanced sonic and ergonomic features, Postmodern instruments open the door to an even wider range of individual musical expression and creativity, with elegantly crafted Stratocaster and Telecaster models, plus a special combination Precision/Jazz Bass model too.
The Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish delivers an authentic worn-in wear of a guitar that has experienced many years of regular use. Each finish is specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Postmodern Bass
This Custom Shop Postmodern Bass is equipped with a split single-coil Custom Shop hand-wound '62 Precision Bass pickup with a chrome cover, positioned in just the right spot to produce the authentic and formidable Precision Bass tone. Other premium features include a three-ply parchment pickguard, a tinted quartersawn maple Jazz Bass® neck with a heavy relic back, a comfortably contoured heel, vintage-style hardware and a Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Precision Bass
Debuted in late 1951, the Precision Bass guitar was not only Fender's first bass guitar, it was the world's first bass guitar and a new kind of instrument. The Precision Bass (Often shortened to P-Bass), has spent well over half a century at the very heart of music of all kinds everywhere, with its two-horned solid body and fretted neck, the Precision Bass profoundly revolutionised music. Reigning ever since as a must-have instrument, this elegantly simple and enormously powerful instrument is the worldwide standard for bass tonality, performance, reliability and overall excellence.
- Model Name: Journeyman Relic® Postmodern Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Firemist Gold
- Model Number: 1500810853
- Series: Postmodern
- Colour: Firemist Gold
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Lightweight Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Bridge: RSD Designed Hi-Mass
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s ''U''
- Scale Length: 34'' (864mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' to 16'' Compound Radius (241mm - 406.4mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.48'' (38.59mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Custom
Hardware & Electronics
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '62 Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Master Volume
- Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.