View Full Description
Birth of the Burst Finish
Throughout the '50s the Les Paul guitar had already enjoyed several modifications including the introduction of a tune-o-matic bridge in 1956 and humbucking pickups in 1957. However, sales were slowing and Gibson's president Ted McCarty blamed the model's flashy Goldtop finish. So, in 1958 an elegant Cherry Sunburst finish was released along with a bookmatched two-piece carved Maple top, which proved to be hugely popular. The VOS (Vintage Original Spec) finish on this Gibson guitar is a perfect example of the faded appearance of those vintage burst models, providing each instrument with its own distinctive look and character.
Classic Les Paul Features
The Gibson Custom Les Paul Standard Historic features a solid Mahogany body which blends depth and richness with the clarity and warmth of the figured Maple top. The 1-piece Mahogany neck retains the chunky yet smooth 1960 Les Paul profile which combines with the traditional long-tenon neck joint to enhance both sustain and resonance while also ensuring comfortable playability. The Gibson Custom Les Paul also benefits from Gibson Custom's 20th Anniversary specifications which include a one-piece Indian Rosewood fingerboard, reissue Kluson deluxe tuners, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic truss rod assembly with no tubing, 50's cream body and neck binding, and period-correct Aniline Dye beneath the nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Custom Bucker Pickups
Exclusive to Gibson Custom instruments only, the Custom Bucker pickups are crafted with alnico III magnets and wired with an uneven amount of turns to produce a distinctive feel and character that is unique to your guitar. The individual tone and volume controls for each pickup provide versatility while also allowing you to achieve your desired sound and tone. Designed after the late '50s PAF pickups that are so highly sought after, you can't get much closer to them than with these Custom Buckers.
- Includes Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity and Reissue Les Paul Case
- Neck Design: Historic long neck tenon
- Top: Book-matched flame maple
- Tailpiece: Lightweight aluminium stopbar
- Finish: Hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Joint: Constructed with hot hide glue
- Pickups: Custom Bucker PAF reproductions
- Fingerboard: Solid one-piece Rosewood
- Body Back: Hand-selected one-piece Mahogany
- Neck: Quarter-sawn Mahogany with '60 neck profile
Body & Bridge
- Top: 2-Piece Flame Maple
- Back: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Binding: Single Bound '50s Cream
- Weight Relief: None
- Body Contour: 1960-Style Les Paul
- Body Colour: VOS Washed Cherry
- Body Finish: Hand-Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Bridge: ABR with Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Reissue Lightweight Aluminium Stopbar
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75'' / 62.865cm
- Radius: 12'' / 30.38cm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style No Tubing
- Profile: 1960-Style Les Paul
- Fingerboard Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Side Dots: Tortoise Shell
- Binding: Single Bound '50s Cream
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687'' / 4.28cm
- Headstock: 1960 Profile LP
- Headstock Inlay: Pearl
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Bucker (Alnico III)
- Neck Pickup: Custom Bucker (Alnico III)
- Controls: Lead Volume, Lead Tone, Rhythm Volume, Rhythm Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Reissue Kluson Deluxe Green Keys, Single Band
- Hardware Finish: Nickel Plated
- Output Jack: 1/4'' with 1960-Style Cream Plate
- Strap Buttons: Aluminium
- Pickguard: 19560-Style Cream
- Truss Rod Cover: 1960-Style LP Standard
- Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Included Case: Reissue Les Paul, Brown with Pink Fur Lining
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.