View Full Description
Mahogany Body, Flamed Maple Top
Schecter's 40th Anniversary Tempest is a well-balanced guitar from aggressive crunchy sounds to rich, clean tones, perfect for the modern day player. The Flamed Maple top provides a great resonance, and enhances the natural tones of the body wood, whilst its flaming gives the guitar a unique and visually stunning appeal. The Mahogany body offers naturally warm tones, with a touch of bite for creating tights lows and appealing highs. The guitar also features black binding for a beautiful look, and a TonePros T3BT TOM bridge with a T1Z tailpiece for incredible string stability.
Mahogany Neck, Ebony Fingerboard
The 3-piece Mahogany neck and Ebony fingerboard has been designed with a thin "C" shape for a smooth, fast play, and has carbon fiber reinforcement rods for extra stability. The Mahogany/Ebony combination produces tight, warm tones that are defined and open with a fast attack. The two woods provide the guitars sound with a muscular, controlled bass and snappy, sizzling highs. It also comes with many other features including Schecter locking machine heads and dot inlays made from mother of pearl on the fretboard.
The Tempest 40th features a set of Schecter's own pickups, designed with alnico V magnets, nickel plated carbon steel poles and split coils. At the neck is Schecter’s USA Pasadena pickup which produces a tone and output similar to a PAF. The pickup can create silky smooth tones to hard hitting growls when driven hard, and its 4 conductor wiring offers a split coil for expanding its sonic range. The Schecter’s bridge pickup is a USA Pasadena plus, which is based off the USA Pasadena and was originally a custom wired pickup for Avenged Sevenfolds’s Zacky Vengeance. This pickup offers more output and upper mids then the original, and its split coil provides ample tonal variety.
40th Anniversary Series
To celebrate the companies 40 years of success and accomplishments, Schecter have released a new series that bring together the best of Schecters traditional design with their top of the line electronics and craftsmanship. Since the companies beginning in upscale replacement parts, Schecter has become a leading guitar manufacturer, combining innovative design with a diverse artist roaster. These guitars feature Schecter’s custom shop Pasadena combo pickups with a 40th anniversary decal engraved on the neck pickup.
Schecter is one of the world's premier guitar companies, creating and selling electric guitars and basses, acoustic guitars and USA Custom Shop instruments to musicians around the world. They combine quality with affordability to suit a variety of different players and diverse musical styles. The company has a growing number of high profile artists playing their instruments, such as musicians from Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, The Cure, Papa Roach, Seether and more.
Body & Bridge
- Top: Flamed Maple
- Body: Mahogany
- Contour: Arched Top
- Binding: Black 1-Ply
- Bridge: TonePros T3BT TOM w/ T1Z Tailpiece
- Construction: Set-Neck w/Ultra Access
- Finish: Emerald Green Burst Pearl
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany 3-Pc w/ Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fretboard Radius: 12" – 16” (Compound Radius)
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787" (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866" (22mm)
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Inlays: Mother Of Pearl Dots w/ Brass Circles
- Side Dots: Brass Dots
- Neck Shape: Thin 'C'
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA Pasadena Plus
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA Pasadena
- Controls: 2 x Volume/Tone (Push/Pull)/ 3-Way Switch
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Machine Heads: Schecter Locking
- Hardware: Black
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.