Dean Mako Dave Mustaine Flamed Electro Acoustic Guitar, Trans Black
Dean Mako Dave Mustaine Flamed Electro Acoustic Guitar, Trans BlackDetails
Product Ref: 60787View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Mahogany Body & Flame Maple Top
The Dean Mako Dave Mustaine is constructed from solid mahogany back and sides with set in mahogany neck for an extremely warm and rich tonality. Mahogany is a dense wood with a close grain providing a punchy tone and great projection, with a distinctive woody characteristic whilst the flamed Maple top delivers high end sparkle and an overall tight tonality.
The Dean Mako features a Florentine cutaway which offers an edgy appearance and enables players to explore with challenging chords. A Florentine cutaway comes into a sharp point, resulting in a horn-like shape. Its a complex design and more labor-intensive to craft than a Venetian because the guitar is originally built as a non-cutaway guitar. The cutaway feature provides access to higher chords and enables players to roam the full length of fingerboard with ease.
The Dean Mako comes equipped with a Fishman Isys+ preamp, making it the ideal guitar for the gigging musician. The Fishman preamp features rotary controls for volume, bass, and treble, enabling players to have full control of tone shaping for both gigging and practicing environments. The Fishman Isys+ also has a phase button, a low battery indicator, a separate battery box, and the added convenience of an on-board tuner. The preamp has an easy read LED screen, making it easy to tune up or down in dark venues and environments.
Dean & Dave Mustaine Aesthetics
The Dean Mako guitar features a variety of shark-inspired characteristics, providing a unique appearance. These decorative features include a distinctive shark gill-shaped sound-hole, complemented by Dave Mustaine's custom mother of pearl shark-tooth fingerboard makers. Dave Mustaine's signature is situated on the truss rod cover and is part of an stunningly designed headstock. The headstock is graced with Dean's well-known brand logo and features a Mako shark graphic to tie in with its shark theme and polishes off its appearance in true style.
About Dave Mustaine
Born in 1961, Dave Mustaine is an American guitarist who was the original lead guitarist for heavy metal titans Metallica. After leaving Metallica, Dave Mustaine formed the band Megadeath and has since released 14 studio albums with hit songs such as "Symphony of Destruction", "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and "Trust". In 2006 Dave received an endorsement from Dean Guitars and has since released a series of signature models with custom specifications and unique graphic finishes.
- Slim and comfortable body shape will accommodate many different playing techniques
- Equipped with a Fishman Isys+ preamp, perfect for the gigging musicians
- Flame maple top provides stunning looks and delivers a bright attack
- Easy to play neck is ideal for electric guitarists who switch to acoustic on stage
- Ebony fingerboard offers smooth play
Body & Bridge
- Series: Artist Signature - Dave Mustaine
- Top Material: Flame Maple
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Binding: Single Ply Black
- Bridge: Ebony
- Finish: Trans Black
- Colour: Trans Black
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Dave Mustaine Spec D Shape
- Neck Finish: Natural Gloss
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Material: Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearl Dave Mustaine Custom
- Scale Length: 641 mm
- Neck Construction: Set Neck
Hardware & Electronics
- Preamp: Fishman Isys+ w/ Tuner
- Preamp Controls: Volume, Bass, Treble, Phase, Tuner
- Tuning Machines: Grover
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 (.12-.053) Coated
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.