Fender American Elite Jazz Bass V, Ebony, 3-Tone Sunburst
Fender American Elite Jazz Bass V, Ebony, 3-Tone SunburstDetails
Product Ref: 92328View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Classic Alder Body
The American Elite Jazz Bass features a classic alder body to produce a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity. The body's smooth contours provides players with an incredibly comfortable performance, while the light weight of the alder wood ensures it can be played all night long without strain. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice for electric guitars since the 1950's, as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing.
Compound Radius Maple Neck
Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck is perfect for all playing styles. With a modern ''C'' shape at the nut, the profile then transitions along the length of the neck to a modern ''D'' shaped profile at the neck heel, providing plenty of support and ensuring comfortable playing sessions. The maple neck is coupled with an ebony fingerboard, providing the guitar with a sizzling, snappy high end, a thick, muscular low end, and a fast attack.
Noiseless Single-Coil Pickups
The American Elite bass features Fender’s intuitive 4th generation noiseless pickups, combining the noise free performance of a modern pickup with the vintage style sound of an old pickup. Exclusive to the American Elite series, the noiseless pickup offers incredible tones with enhanced responses without losing any of its warmth. Also featuring a redesigned 18-volt preamp to crank up the bass’ power, the Fender has plenty of headroom to offer pounding tones with little-to-no noise distorting the sound.
HiMass Vintage Bridge
The HiMass Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous basslines with mammoth punch and near-endless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments simple and easy.
Along with its amazing tone and looks, the American Elite also features a bone nut, adding to its classic aesthetic. The main purpose of using a bone nut, compared to modern materials, is the bone offers excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self-lubricates and helps the guitar to stay in tune for longer.
Graphite Support Rods
Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the bass’s neck, adding stability while reducing the amount of warping that may occur from temperature fluctuations and humidity. This is a particular advantage to players who travel and experience a change in temperature, ensuring the instrument is always ready to play at a moment’s notice.
Elite Moulded Case
The American Elite series of instruments are delivered in an elite moulded case, featuring body-hugging contours which holds the guitar firmly in place. TSA latches are also included for enhanced security and easy access. This durable case also features a stacking ability, for easy storage and transport.
- Model Number: 0197101700
- Series: American Elite
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Shape: Jazz Bass
- Bridge: 5-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: 3-Tone Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: Compound Back Shape (Modern ‘’C’’ to ‘’D’’)
- Scale Length: 34’’
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Radius: 9.5’’ to 14’’ Compound
- Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.875’’
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: 4th Generation Noiseless
- Middle Pickup: 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), 3-Band EQ
- Special Electronics: 18V Preamp w/Active 3-Band EQ
- Switching: 2-Way Mini Toggle
- Passive Mode: Volume, Pan, & Passive Tone Controls Function
- Active Mode: All Controls Function
- Tuning Machines: Fender ‘’F’ Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys w/Tapered Shafts
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS (.045-.125 Gauges)
- Case Included: Elite Moulded Hardshell
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.