View Full Description
Solid Ash Wood Body
The Classic 70s Stratocaster features a solid ash wood body, delivering a classic Fender twang with sweet, airy tones. The lightweight ash provides the guitar with excellent resonance and sustain, offering firm lows, pleasing highs, and a scooped midrange. Other premium features include a 3-ply white pickguard, a vintage-style synchronised tremolo, vintage-style frets, and Fender vintage ''F'' stamped tuners.
’’U’’-Shaped Maple Neck & Fingerboard
The Classic Strat features a ‘’U’’ shaped neck profile, which is usually found on thick necks and perfect for guitarists who play with their thump on the back or side of the neck. The maple tonewood provides the Fender with a beautifully bright characteristic, tightening up the overall tones and delivering plenty of cut and bite. Using maple for both the neck and fingerboard provides players with a sharp, clear punch when the strings are hit hard, while light to medium picking brings out the subtler tones of the maple.
Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat Pickups
Equipped with a set of powerful vintage-style single-coil strat pickups, the Fender guitar delivers beautifully vintage tones suitable for a wide variety of playing styles. The pickups offer plenty of sustain to ensure each note sings, while its bell-like character and excellent articulation is perfect for creating epic solos and massive soundscapes. Use the master volume and two tone controls to dial in the perfect sound for any situation, and flick between pickups with the high quality 5-way switch.
Resonant Synthetic Bone Nut
Featuring a carefully fitted synthetic bone nut, the Classic Stratocaster delivers an increased resonance and bright tonality. When compared to traditional plastic and Tusq materials used to construct guitar nuts, synthetic bone improves the vibration transfer between the string and tuning machines without dampening the tone.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- Model Number: 0137002306
- Series: Classic
Body & Bridge
- Body: Ash
- Shape: Stratocaster
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronised Tremolo
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Black
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: ‘’U’’ Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5’’
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Radius: 7.25’’
- Frets: 21 Vintage-Style
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650’’
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, 2 x Tone
- Switching: 5-Position Toggle
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Middle Pickups
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle & Neck Pickup
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage ‘’F’’ Stamped
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt ‘’F’’ Stamped w/Micro-Tilt
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bullets 3250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case Included: Deluxe Gig Bag
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.