Fender Custom Shop 1951 Heavy Relic Telecaster, Faded Copper #R15381
Fender Custom Shop 1951 Heavy Relic Telecaster, Faded Copper #R15381Details
The Fender Custom Shop 1951 Heavy Relic is the perfect example of a handmade Custom Shop Telecaster. The one-piece Maple neck with Maple fingerboard features a ''U'' profile which provides a smooth and comfortable playing experience. The 1951 Telecaster has two Custom Shop hand-wound Nocaster pickups that are combined with the resonant Ash body to create a classic tele sound and warm tonality that’s ideal for country and blues.
Product Ref: 68339View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Time Machine Series by Fender
The Time Machine series is Fender's own shrine to the heritage and legacy of the pioneers who made the company what it is today. The Fender Custom Shop has reached new heights of craftsmanship with its acclaimed Time Machine series, artfully crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and tooling used to create the originals all those years ago.
The Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Heavy Relic finish is the heaviest of the Custom Shop treatments, evoking decades of the most punishing playing and touring. Each one is specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop 1951 Telecaster
This Custom Shop 1951 Heavy Relic Telecaster is equipped with two Custom Shop hand-wound single-coil Nocaster pickups along with a 3-position blade and Greasebucket™ circuitary, allowing highs to roll off without reducing gain and helping to produce the time-honored Telecaster snap. Other premium features include a single-ply black Bakelite pickguard, vintage bridge with threaded barrel saddles, medium jumbo frets and vintage Fender-logo tuners.
The Custom Shop 1951 Telecaster comes complete with a stunning faded copper finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, imparting the appearance of years of aging and use without the need for heavy wear and tear.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Telecaster
The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster. An indispensable instrument, the Telecaster was the world's first successful solid-body electric guitar. Perfected after two years of development - and a name change or two - the Telecaster debuted in February 1951 and began its steady ascent towards the stage and studio. Ingeniously engineered with the ability to be heard both loud and clear, it was a marvel of simple design elegance and workhorse functionality. It is perhaps fitting testimony to its essential original rightness that the Telecaster design has hardly changed ever since.
- Model Name: 1951 Heavy Relic® Telecaster®, Maple Fingerboard, Faded Copper
- Model Number: 1550512884
- Series: Time Machine
- Colour: Faded Copper
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Lightweight Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body With Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: ''U''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5''
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Nocaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Nocaster
- Master Tone with Greasebucket™
- Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Neck Pickup
- Position 3: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.