Fender Duo-Sonic HS Electric Guitar, RW, Black
Fender Duo-Sonic HS Electric Guitar, RW, BlackDetails
Product Ref: 76615View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Duo-Sonic’s elegant body is crafted from solid alder, providing an incredibly sturdy construction to survive the ruthlessly gigging lifestyle. The tonewood produces a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity and body. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice for electric guitars since the 1950's, as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing.
Comfortable Maple Neck
As many guitarists know, a comfortable neck profile is important, and the Duo Sonic features the popular C-Shaped profile. This type of neck profile leaves a small pocket of space between the palm of the hand and the neck of the guitar, allowing more versatility along the rosewood fingerboard. The neck is also finished with satin polyurethane, creating an incredibly comfortable feel for a fast and easy playing experience.
Duo-Sonic Humbucking & Single-Coil Pickups
The Stylish Offset Fender Guitar features a set of duo-sonic pickups, with a single-coil at the neck and a humbucker at the bridge. The incredibly versatile single-coil pickup provides the guitar with a beautifully bright, jangly tone, which can be pushed into the heavy chord tones of punk and rock. The humbucker is designed with vintage specifications, offering an incredibly classic tone while still deliver a dynamic voice. The humbucker also features a split coil function to provide players with extra tonal possibilities.
The Duo-Sonic guitar has become a classic choice for players in the underground music scene since its launch in 1956, making appearances in hundreds of club gigs worldwide. Although the Duo-Sonic has been dropped and relaunched on many occasions, it remains as one of the best guitars aimed at aspiring musicians. This unique guitar has become a classic choice for performing musicians worldwide, and has been used by notable musicians such as Jimi Hendrix, Damon Albarn (Blur), Joe Walsh, David Byrne (Talking Heads), Rory Gallagher, and many others.
- Model Number: 0144020506
- Series: Offset
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Shape: Duo-Sonic
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-though-Body Strat Hardtail
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Black
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: ‘’C’’ Shape
- Scale Length: 24’’
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5’’
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650’’
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Duo-Sonic Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Duo-Sonic Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push/Pull)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Neck Pickups
- Position 3: Neck Pickup
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat Top
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Bridge Saddles: Bent Steel
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case Included: No
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.