Fender Mustang Bass, Pau Ferro, Olympic White
Fender Mustang Bass, Pau Ferro, Olympic WhiteDetails
Product Ref: 92525View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Classic Alder & Maple Construction
Featuring a classic alder body coupled with a maple neck and pau ferro fingerboard, the Fender Mustang offers an incredibly resonant, balanced tone with plenty of punch in the lower mids. The lightweight alder offers incredible comfort, while the smooth maple and pau ferro provide quick and easy position changes. Adding a pau ferro fingerboard to maple helps to ‘fur up’ any harsh edges the maple produces, adding complexity to the highs and thickening up the lows to create an incredibly versatile bass. The short scale design is ideal for musicians who require an instrument to develop with, while also cutting down the string tension for a more expressive response.
Vintage-Style PJ Pickups
The Mustang is fitted with a vintage-style single-coil pickup at the bridge and a vintage-style split-coil in the middle, delivering incredibly versatile tones suitable for a wide range of playing styles. The combination of the punchy spit coil with the growling jazz pickup delivers incredible dynamics and depth, sweetening the high end and adding weight to the lows for extra power. The master tone and volume controls are all you need to dial in the perfect tone for most situations, while the 3-way pickup selector lets you switch between the different configurations effortlessly.
Resonant Synthetic Bone Nut
Featuring a carefully fitted synthetic bone nut, the Mustang bass delivers an increased resonance and bright tonality. When compared to traditional plastic and Tusq materials used to construct guitar nuts, synthetic bone improves the vibration transfer between the string and tuning machines without dampening the tone.
The Mustang bass was created as a companion for the range of Fender Mustang guitars, and was the last original bass designed by Leo Fender before his departure. The Mustang has become a hallmarked shape in underground music and culture, featuring in bands from the Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance. Since its launch in 1964, this unique bass has become a classic choice for performing musicians worldwide, thanks to its short scale length accommodating players with small hands.
- Model Number: 0144053505
- Series: Offset
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Shape: Mustang Bass
- Bridge: 4-Saddle
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Olympic White
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: ‘’C’’ Shape
- Scale Length: 30’’
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 9.5’’
- Frets: 19 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5’’
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Split-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Middle Pickups
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style
- Control Knobs: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case Included: No
- Recommended Case: Fender Urban Short Scale Bass Gig Bag
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.