Line 6 Variax Standard Electric Guitar, Sunburst
Line 6 Variax Standard Electric Guitar, SunburstDetails
Product Ref: 55200View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Pushing the Limitations of Traditional Guitars
The Variax standard is designed to be the ultimate guitar on the market, pushing the limitations of traditional guitars by offering a wide range of changeable tones and tunings. A special model control allows players to switch from the guitar's natural tone to a modelled version of various vintage guitars, classic acoustics, and exotic instruments. A tuning knob allows players to change the tuning of the guitar on the fly which is perfect for times when a lower or higher tuning is needed part way through a song. This one instrument could provide all the sounds and special tunings you'll need for any gig, without having to put the guitar down once to change over.
A Powerful Electric Guitar
Even with its wide selection of modelled vintage guitar sounds, players can still enjoy the Variax’s natural tonal qualities. Its light-weight alder asymmetric double cutaway body delivers a clear, full-bodied tone with plenty of sustain to give each note excellent definition. The maple neck provides bright characteristics, while the rosewood fingerboard assists with low-end articulation. Its 3 custom-wound single-coil pickups provide the guitar with its beautifully natural tone, with its alnico V magnets offering sonically rich notes that capture every nuance of playing with pristine accuracy. The addition of a tremolo bridge provides players with the ability to pitch shift and add vibrato, while the nut and tuners ensures the guitar remains in tune.
Create Custom Tones with the Variax Workbench HD Software
Even with its wide range of selectable tones available via the mode and tuning controls, the Line 6 Guitar features the free Variax Workbench HD software which allows players to create their own custom sounds. Mix and match a wide range of body styles, from solid body and hollow body to semi-hollow, acoustic, and everything in between, with a diverse range of pickups to create your perfect sound. Set up custom tunings and create up to any number of unique guitar tones to be used when you want. Use the software to simply pick a body shape and pickup, or delve into detailed tone shaping with pickup phase, and individual strong volume, pitch, and muting. This is an incredibly powerful tool giving you minute adjustments of every parameter imaginable, and should give you enough versatility to cover any gig with one instrument.
- 3 single coils for traditional pickup guitar tones
- Variax pickup system for access to electric guitar models alongside acoustic guitar and exotic instruments
- Maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, alder body
- Vintage-style tremolo system
- Electric instrument models:
T-MODEL (based on Fender® Telecaster®), SPANK (based on 1959 Fender Stratocaster), LESTER (based on 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard), SPECIAL (based on 1976 Gibson Firebird V), R-BILLY (1959 Gretsch® 6120 and 1956 Gretsch Duo Jet), CHIME (based on 1966 Rickenbacker® 370), SEMI (1961 Gibson® ES®-335 and 1964 Epiphone® Casino™), JAZZBOX (based on 1953 Gibson® Super 400).
- Acoustic instrument models: 1959 Martin® D-28, 1970 Martin® D12-28, 1967 Martin® O-18, 1966 Guild® F212, 1995 Gibson® J-200
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Bridge: Fully Adjustable Tremolo
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets:22 Medium
- Inlays: Pearl Dots
- Nut: Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL, Self Lubricating
- Nut Width: 1.625”
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil (Alnico V)
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil (Alnico V)
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil (Alnico V)
- Standard Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 5-Way Pickup Selector
- Variax Controls: Model Knob, Alt Tune Roller
- Outputs: 1/4" Jack, VDI (Variax Digital Interface)
- Battery: Lithium-Ion Battery, International Wall Charger
- Software: Variax Workbench HD, USB interface
- Tuners: Sealed, 16:1 Turn Ratio
- Pickguard: Black
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case Included: No
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.