Martin D-41 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Martin D-41 Dreadnought Acoustic GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 56261View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Solid Sitka Spruce & East Indian Rosewood
The Martin D-41 features a solid sitka spruce top that yields crisp articulation and delivers a broad dynamic range. This stunning sitka spruce top produces a crisp, versatile tone, and an un-muddied sound which will retain its clarity when you strum hard. The versatile sitka spruce top is accompanied by East Indian rosewood back and sides that produces a very resonant, deep warm bass and features a stunning grain that complements the contrasting spruce top. The East Indian rosewood will produce sparkling highs, swelling overtones, and bring depth to the guitar's overall sound.
Mahogany Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
Constructed from mahogany, the D-41's neck offers superb resonance and rich warmth that responds superbly to numerous techniques with equal ease. Its neck has a low profile that provides comfort and ease of playability from a 25.4 inch scale length. For a smooth play the D-41 features a satin finish for smooth play. The neck is topped with an ebony fingerboard which has been dressed with Martin's Plek Pro machine for enhanced playability. In addition, the ebony fingerboard is extremely responsive and adds a snappy, crisp, bright attack to the overall sound as well as smooth sustain. For added elegance the D-41 is sprinkled with reduced hexagon fingerboard markers, inlaid in abalone with contrasting gold hardware to provide a sophisticated, extremely classy appearance.
Plek Technology Brings Enhanced Playability
Plek Technology is a German-made, and uses a computer-controlled machine that carefully measures each fret, along with the fingerboard height under each string. This innovative Plek Technology then automatically dresses each fret, virtually eliminating string buzz and greatly improving the overall playability of the guitar. This pioneering process does the same work in a matter of minutes in comparison to how long it takes a luthier to complete the same job which can take up to several hours, sometimes even days to accomplish.
Enormous Dreadnought Voicing
The Martin D-41 features the curvaceous dreadnought body, which projects an enormous voice, and maintains overall tonal balance. The dreadnought was originally designed for hard pick attack. However through years of superb craftsmanship, Martin have created a stunningly toned, well-balanced dreadnought voice that can handle many different genres and styles of play. The Martin dreadnought is most well known for its incredible bass response and massive volume projection.
Real Bone Nut
The D-41 features a real bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain, along with an authentic appearance. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
Martin Scalloped X Bracing
The D-41 has Martin's scalloped brace pattern. Bracing is very important when it comes to your guitar's durability, it reinforces a guitar's top and back, which provides a strong, durable top. Scalloped bracing stops your guitar from collapsing under string tension and shapes the guitar's sound, and allows the top to vibrate more freely yet remains incredibly stable. Scalloped bracing provides more emphasis to the bass response of the guitar and has been rewarded for enhancing the guitar top production.
The Martin D-41 is one for pleasing ornate details, featuring stunning abalone inlays, gold hardware and faux tortoise pickguard. The abalone inlays dress the dreadnought's curves alongside its white binding, and are also situated around the soundhole to provide an extremely sophisticated appearance. The abalone inlays are complimented in true Martin style via its faux tortoise pickguard and contrasting gold hardware. The East Indian rosewood headstock has a square/diamond taper, gold enclosed gear machineheads, and the C.F Martin block styled hieroglyphs inlaid in abalone grace the headstock for added elegance. The twinkling Martin logo really compliments the guitar's overall persona and provides a truly outstanding Martin aesthetic.
- Dreadnought body shape accommodates a variety of different playing styles
- Solid East Indian rosewood body with solid sitka spruce top delivers broad dynamics
- Excellent bass response with articulate highs
- Perfect for any level of player
- Scalloped X bracing offers stability and strength
- Ebony fingerboard is ideal for percussive techniques
- Includes moulded hardshell case for safe transportation
- Satin finish on the neck offers comfortable playability
- Bone nut delivers excellent resonance and sustain, with perfect intonation
Body & Bridge
- Model: D-41
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Abalone Pearl with Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C.F. Martin Block- Select Abalone Pearl
- Heelcap: White Boltaron
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Reduced Hexagon
- Fingerboard Binding: White Boltaron
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Interior Label: none
- Case: 640 Molded
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.