PRS SE Mark Holcomb 2018, Holcomb Burst
PRS SE Mark Holcomb 2018, Holcomb BurstDetails
Product Ref: 102597View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Periphery & PRS
The band Periphery perform a powerful blend of highly technical lead melodies, complicated metal rhythms, and thick guitar soundscapes. Mark Halcomb achieves his sound with PRS guitars and custom Seymour Duncan Pickups designed for power and articulation.
The Custom 24 Base
The PRS SE Mark Halcomb takes the Custom 24 model as its basis and supercharges it with Seymour Duncan pickups and fast playing specifications. The mahogany body and maple top remain familiar to the Custom 24 line, with the same bevelled contours and easy high-fret access courtesy of a low-profile neck joint and bevelled lower-horn. This versatile guitar platform features 24 frets and 3-way pickup switching with coil-tapping capabilities.
The Mark Halcomb signature model uses a particularly flat 20'' fingerboard radius with a thin profile for an incredibly fast feel. It includes jumbo frets on a smooth ebony fingerboard for a smooth left hand feel when playing solos. The guitar comes factory tuned to Drop C and is ready-made for low-end riffing with high-octane solo work. The satin finished neck further adds to the smooth playing feel and means that this guitar will not hold back your technique in any way.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
The Seymour Duncan "Alpha" and "Omega" pickups were created to meet the requirements of Periphery's technically complex music with precise tones. Their music requires pickups with just the right amount of output and articulation whether standing alone or working in a dense mix. The Omega bridge pickup features destructive percussion and growl in the mids and low end. It’s aggressive but it also has lots of clarity and brightness. The Alpha neck pickup is unlike most traditional neck models. It was voiced to combine the best qualities of a neck and a bridge pickup, with some of that fat glassy sound but also plenty of your pick attack and fretting-hand phrasing. These pickups ensure absolute clarity of tone and are ideal for low-tuned technical metal music.
PRS Build Quality
Anyone who has heard Paul Reed Smith talk about guitars knows that he is fastidious in his research and development and his continual drive to improve his guitar designs. The PRS SE Mark Holcomb Signature model is a true reflection of that, and the SE range has continued to evolve beyond it's initial design brief of being a "Student Edition" instrument. Pro-level machine-heads and bridges along with solid tonewoods and premium construction methods help to deliver accurate tuning and intonation with a fantastic playing experience. This is a true professional performer that can span the metal and rock genres, delivering stunning tones and playability night after night.
- Mahogany body with bevelled maple top and flamed maple veneer
- Maple neck with smooth ebony fingerboard
- 24 medium frets on a 25.5'' scale fingerboard with bird inlays
- Seymour Duncan Alpha and Omega humbuckers with 3-way switch and push/pull tone control for coil-tapping
- Double cutaway body with contours and easy top fret access
- Deluxe gig bag included
- Series: SE Signature Custom 24
- Back: Mahogany
- Top: Bevelled Maple Top with Maple Veneer
- Shape: Asymmetric Double Cutaway
- Colour: Holcomb Burst
- Material: Maple, Satin Finished
- Shape: Wide Thin
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fingerboard: Ebony with White Binding
- Inlays: Birds
- Frets: 24 Medium
- Scale Length: 25.5''
Hardware & Electronics
- Pickups: Mark Holcomb Signature Seymour Duncan “Omega” Bridge Humbucker, Mark Holcomb Signature Seymour Duncan “Alpha”
- Controls: Volume, Tone with Push/Pull Switch, 3-Way Toggle Switch,
- Bridge: Plate Style (String-Through)
- Tuners: PRS Designed Tuners
- Tuning: Ships Tuned to Drop C. Low to High: C, G, C, F, A, D.
- Hardware: Black Control
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag Included
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.