Schecter Diamond-J Plus Left Handed Bass Guitar, Ivory
Schecter Diamond-J Plus Left Handed Bass Guitar, IvoryDetails
Product Ref: 55146View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Swamp Ash Body
The Diamond-J Plus features a solid alder body that delivers strong, full bodied tones with a decent amount of sustain. The rich sounding wood offers an excellent, round low end, bight, sizzling highs and a beefy, pronounced midrange. The Wilkinson bridge keeps the strings secure whilst allowing the string vibration to pass into the body wood, enhancing the alder’s resonance. The Schecter is finished off with an aged natural finish and chrome hardware to create a visually stunning look that’s both stylish and sleek.
Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard
The Maple neck provides some tightness and cut to the bass's tone, delivering an edge of sizzle to the highs and firmness to its lows. The Maple wood provides bright characteristics to the overall tone, whilst offering a snappy attack in the midrange. Adding a Rosewood fingerboard helps to fur up to the Maple’s sound, whilst contributing to its smoothness. The Rosewood/Maple combination brings warmth to the guitars tone, adding sparkle to the highs, thickness to the lows, and opens up the mids. The bass guitar also comes with many other features, including vintage Grover tuners, a Graph Tech nut, and mother of pearl block inlays on the fretboard.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Featuring a set of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound J pickups, to offer a hot output, great attack, and massive amounts of tonal attitude. Featuring Alnico V rod magnets, diameter poles and intense coil windings, the Quarter Pound pickups are designed to take the bass to new tonal heights. With both pickups provide a full, even response with great sustain and sonic richness, the neck is built with a RWRP setup to provide hum cancelling when used with the bridge pickup.
The Schecter’s Volume control knob features a phase push/pull design for the bridge pickup, allowing you two choose whether or not its in phase with the neck pickup. When set to the ‘in phase’ mode, then the neck provides normal tone when combined with the neck. When set to the ‘out-of-phase’ then the bridge produces a honky tone that has a lot of emphasis in the midrange. The 4-way rotary switch gives you the ability to combine the bridge and neck pickup in series or parallel, offering a wide range of tonal possibilities.
Seymour Duncan's 2-Band Active EQ adds even more tone shaping versatility, enabling the player to add or subtract EQ at center frequencies voiced specifically for electric bass. The EQ can be used to make the low end deep, clear, and tight, whilst offering different treble 'dip switch' frequency centers to choose from. The lower setting is perfect for adding growl and bite to the tone, while the higher setting provides a crystal clear top end.
Schecter is one of the world's premier guitar companies, creating and selling electric guitars and basses, acoustic guitars and USA Custom Shop instruments to musicians around the world. They combine quality with affordability to suit a variety of different players and diverse musical styles. The company has a growing number of high profile artists playing their instruments, such as musicians from Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, The Cure, Papa Roach, Seether and more.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Contour: Flat Top
- Binding: White 1-Ply
- Bridge: Wilkinson Bass WBBC w/Custom String Through Body
- Construction: 6 Bolt-On
- Finish: Ivory
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple w/ Carbon Fibre Reinforcement Rods
- Fretboard: Maple
- Frets: 20 Narrow X-Jumbo
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Blocks
- Scale: 34"
- Radius: 12”
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .826” (21mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .905” (23mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.496"
- Neck Shape: Thin “C”
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound J SJB-3
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound J SPB-3
- Master Volume (Phase Push/Pull)
- 4-Way Rotary Pickup Selector Switch
- Active Seymour Duncan 2-Band ‘STC-2S-B0’ EQ
- Machine Heads: Grover Vintage Bass 142 Series
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screws
- Hardware: Chrome
- Battery Compartment: 18-Volt w/ Screw Plate
- Strings: Ernie Ball 4 String Super Long #2849 (.045-.105)
- Case Included: No
- Recommended Case: SGR-Universal Bass Hardcase
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.