Spector Bass Euro 4LX Classic Bass Guitar, Natural, Aguilar Pickups
Spector Bass Euro 4LX Classic Bass Guitar, Natural, Aguilar PickupsDetails
The Spector Bass Euro 4LX Classic Bass Guitar is the Europe Series version of the legendary USA NS-2 Model. This model is a popular choice for bassists of all musical backgrounds due to its comfortable body shape, basic layout and superb tone. The Euro 4LX is equipped with two Aguilar pickups in the neck and bridge location, and provide a flexible array of bassy tones. With its natural finish you can clearly see the stunning grain of the flamed maple top, which makes it ideal for spotlights and photographs. Winner of the Bass Player Readers' Choice Awards 2009, this member of the Europe Series exhibits outstanding workmanship and build quality.
Product Ref: 79018View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Classic Spector Body Shape
The Euro 4LX's design draws on that symbol of Spector heritage - the NS-2. With its classic body shape, it provides a smooth and comfortable body that is a pleasure to play, with a double cutaway for easier access to the higher frets. Additional classic Spector appointments include four standard black control knobs, Spector headstock and black split pickups.
The Euro 4LX features a natural finish, showing off its lush flame maple grain. The particular finish is an ideal choice for gigging bassists, as it wont glare under stage lighting, and also looks good on photographs compared to a high-gloss finish.
Not only does this bass look the part, it sounds good too. Equipped with a pair of Aguilar pickups that include Alnice V magnets. This well-balanced set of pickups deliver a flexible array of tones that can be used in any type of music. Achieve the thunderous lows of the neck pickup, or the midrange cut of the bridge or both. A versatile tone from an iconic bass!
The Spector TonePump Active Bass and Treble control is provided by means of 2 continuously variable controls. By turning the bass and treble knobs clockwise, the Spector TonePump will provide 18 dB boost in both the Bass and Treble range. The TonePump is a 9 vDC circuit and is Spector's most aggressive preamp on the market.
A Brief History
Spector have been making bass guitars for famous artists since 1977. Since then Stuart Spector's select team of designers has grown in stature, often in close collaboration with many world-famous performers. Gene Simmons (KISS) commissioned several Brooklyn Era SB-1\'99 basses from Stuart in the late 1970's. Some of the modifications included a special gloss black paint job with white binding along the sides of the body. Stuart shaved down the normally bulbous horns of the SB-1 into points. In 1982 Sting favoured Spector's NS-2, and relied upon it while out on the Police's Synchronicity Tour. The NS-2 was also the weapon of choice for Jack Bruce (Cream), who favoured the instrument during his 80s solo career.
- Equipped with Aguilar pickups for thunderous lows of the neck pickup or the midrange cut of the bridge
- Europe version of the classic USA NS-2 Model
- Includes classic Spector appointments
- Stunning crown inlays across the rosewood fingerboard
- A natural finish that doesnt glare on photographs
- Beautiful flame maple top
- Gold plated hardware offers a prestigious appearance
- Spector brass zinc locking bridge
- Top: Quilt Maple
- Back: Maple
- Material: 3-piece Maple (Graphite Reinforced)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck Inlays: Spector Crown Mother of Pearl
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 34"
- Radius: 16"
- Width at Nut: 1.64"
- String Spacing (At Bridge): 0.75"
- Bridge Hex Key Size: 2mm
- Truss Hex Key Size: 5mm
Pickups & Hardware:
- Colour: Gold Plated
- Bridge: Spector Brass Zinc Locking Bridge
- Tuners: Schaller Locking Sealed
- Strap Buttons: Schaller Strap-locks
- Tone Circuit: Spector Tonepump
- Circuit Type: 9-volt Active - Bass and Treble
- Bridge Pickup: Aguilar with Alnico V magnets
- Neck Pickups: Aguilar with Alnico V magnets
- Pickup Type: Active
- Options: Aguilar Obp-2 Tone Circuit
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.