Vox Starstream Type-1, Metallic Red & See-Through Semi-Gloss Black
Vox Starstream Type-1, Metallic Red & See-Through Semi-Gloss BlackDetails
Product Ref: 67827View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Innovative Mango Wood Body
Designed to provide maximum comfort and optimized playability the Starstream Type-1 breaks the mould of traditional guitar design to offer a lightweight and stylish body. Featuring an impressive Mango wood centre section the Starstream Type-1 offers a resonant sound with smooth and rich sustain to provide a traditional style guitar tone. Furthermore, the Mango wood body is paired with a bolt-on Maple neck to deliver an quick and dynamic playability.
AREOS-D Control Module
Many hours of testing, revising and reconfiguring the placement and purpose of all controls on the Control Module ensure that you will have the clearest, easiest and most flexible functions at your command. There are no confusing complicated submenus - everything you need to have a seamless (and most importantly, musically creative) experience with the Starstream Type-1 has been developed to be convenient for every player.
Guitar Models and Overdrive
Not only does the Vox Starstream Type-1 realistically emulate both electric and acoustic guitars, it also features digital overdrive which can be added and modified within the control module for on the fly adjustments. Including 5 electric guitar models and 6 acoustic models the Vox Starstream is extremely versatile and is the perfect choice for players who require an array of tones and instant switching capabilities.
Research during the development of the Starstream Type-1 showed that players nearly unanimously requested the instrument include classic synth models that track and provide user control over sound-shaping parameters during performance. Most attempts to get pitch-to-MIDI synth patches for guitar to track cleanly have been disappointing. Using highly developed DSP logic and fine tuning information from the string resulted in synth sounds that can be played more comfortably than on most guitar synths with less fear of glitches or missed notes.
For a full instrument list, please see the image above.
- Exclusively developed AREOS-D system, uses the guitar’s magnetic pickups to create the electric guitar models for greater realism and accuracy
- Nine banks of instruments with three variations in each plus
- Two user banks to store up to six favourites
- Five banks with classic and modern electric single coil and humbucking sounds, plus three variations of electric 12-string.
- Two acoustic banks featuring six different guitars including small body, large body, 12-string and nylon string instruments
- Banjo, sitar and resonator models featured on the ‘Other’ bank
- The Special bank contains two synthesizer variations (Synth and Bass Synth)
- For Synth, you can control both Decay and Attack parameters at once using the Tone knob
- Using the Tone control, both Envelope and Resonance parameters are adjusted simultaneously for Bass Synth
- On board Drive and Reverb (model dependent) control for real-time adjustments to gain or reverb depth.
- FX push button with an LED for instantaneous on/off switching of Reverb or Drive effect
- Synth sounds track effortlessly and respond dynamically to touch, pick attack and vibrato
- Simple, intuitive volume, tone and three-way model variation selector controls make changes quick and easy
- 1/4” output for live performance or recording and 1/8” output for use with headphones for private listening and practice
- 22 Fret bolt-on hard maple neck with rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius
- Uniquely sculpted mango body
- 2 x XLM humbucking pickups
- 2-point fulcrum vibrato
Body & Bridge
- Body: Mango
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Metallic Red Frame with See-Through Semi-Gloss Black Body
- Bridge: 2-Point Tremolo
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Profile: C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dot
- Scale Length: 25.125”
- Nut Width: 43 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Electronics: AREOS-D System
- Controls: 3 Position Model Switch, Group Selector, Volume, Tone, Drive/Reverb, Power, FX, Write
- Bridge Pickup: Vox XLM Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Vox XLM Humbucker
- Additional Pickup: Piezo Pickup in each saddle
- Number of Sounds: 27 (9 banks x 3)
- User Programs: 6 (2 Banks x 3)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4” Jack (Guitar Output), 1 x 1/8” Jack (Headphone)
- Power Requirements: 4 x AA Batteries
- Includes: Tremolo Arm, Adjustment Wrench, Gig Bag
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.