Yamaha THR10C Classic Guitar Amp
Yamaha THR10C Classic Guitar AmpDetails
The THR10C is part of the Yamaha THR series designed to provide what many guitarists have been missing, a compact amp that provides cranked amp tone and usable features wholly designed to work in an off-stage environment. With the sounds of top-of-the range boutique combos or legendary vintage amps in a compact, stylish case this truly is the little amp with a big bluesy tone.
Product Ref: 29968View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The THR series are not just smaller amps. They truly take into account what guitarists are looking for in an off-stage amp and have been designed from the bottom up with this in mind. Yamaha believe that the stage is not the only place where guitarists should expect perfect tone. Every time you play, you want to sound your best and the THR range makes this happen.
The Perfect Third Guitar Amp
Most guitarists have perfected their stage rig and many have that small set-up prepared for rehearsals and small gigs but what about every other time you play? The best guitarists spend hours off-stage practising and why should you have to sacrifice your tone? The THR series aren't just practice amps though. They are the perfect amp for everywhere else you play that's not on stage whether that be at home, with friends or even outside.
Yes, the THR10C is small and compact but that's far from the end of the story. Yamaha considered all the features guitarists were looking for in an off-stage amp and built them all into this nifty THR. High quality stereo playback is amongst these features. The analogue aux and USB connection can be used to listen to audio directly through the amp making play along sessions much easier. Developed with Yamaha's AV division the amp offers true hi-fi stereo sound. The Extended Stereo Technology creates incredible audio depth. The THR10C also has a two-way power supply which operates on AC (PSU supplied) or battery power lasting up to six hours so wherever you want to play the THR10C can go with you!
The amp works as a simple recording interface sending two stereo pairs or recording back to a computer. The clean guitar sound is sent separately from any effects which is how many modern pro studios record and makes the editing process much easier. The free THR Editor, available for download from Yamaha's website, also offers deep editing of amp and effect parameters using a computer. Other user-friendly touches include five user memory slots, tap tempo and chromatic tuner. Also look out for the Yamaha THR Session iPhone app which has a host of useful functions helping you learn songs faster and easier.
Yamaha THR Guitar Amp Sound
From the preamp to the speaker enclosure every single element of this THR amp has been designed to deliver the specific sound you need. Yamaha's Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology means you can have the best of both worlds, less volume with cranked amp tone. The VCM doesn't just produce one sound, it models every single part of a larger amp that interact with each other to produce true tone. Turn up the master on this THR10C and it doesn't just get louder, the gain, tone and compression characteristics all change. Add to this, modelled stompbox effects and impressive reverb and delays using technology based on Yamaha's industry standard audio mixers and you have an amp that produces tone so rich you'll never want to stop!
The navy blue THR10C is one of the new range of amps added to the THR series designed for those guitarists who want to join the THR concept but already know and understand their specific sound. The THR10C is dialled with a specific tonal direction which focuses on the subtleties and dynamics that can be worlds apart in an experienced player's eyes.
The VCM technology precisely reproduces even the finest, almost imperceptible points of picking from clean to crunch guitar sound. The THR10C's quality finish will strike a chord with those with experience of the authentic amp sound. The finest tube amps respond to a player's every touch with picking dynamics and playing style adding as much to the tone as your guitar and pickups. Complementing the low-gain audiophile amp models, THR10C features an all-new TAPE ECHO effect that captures the detail of an analogue machine, right down to the wow and flutter of the repeats.The THR10C perfectly recreates the unmistakable response and dynamics that only a boutique tube combo can provide making this amp perfectly suited to players of blues, jazz or country.
- Deluxe - Twin 6L6 output stage and low gain preamp for clean tube warmth with late-breakup.
- Class A - 4xEL84s in a true Class-A configuration with interactive EQ for rich, complex harmonic tones and warm overdrive.
- US Blues - Low-power, low-gain twin EL84 design for clarity and definition.
- Brit Blues - KT88 powered for easy breakup and midrange rich overdrive.
- Mini - 12AX7, single EL84 - a no-frills tone monster that responds incredibly to picking dynamics.
- Bass - High-power all-tube design for dynamic, driving bass tone.
- Aco - Electric-acoustic optimized input with mic simulations for natural, clear tone.
- Flat - Flat response clean input for line sources, tone and effect controls allow shaping of non-guitar sources.
The THR10C's classic retro style means the amp looks good in any home setting whilst the virtual tube illumination with simulated orange tube glow from the metal speaker grille adds a nice touch. With style and substance this is an amp you'll never want to be without. Prepare to spend a lot more time playing your guitar!
- Amp Types: DELUXE, CLASS A, US BLUES, BRIT BLUES, MINI, BASS, ACO*, FLAT (*Mic simulation)
- Tape Echo
- Spring Reverb
- Hall Reverb
- Noise Gate* (*only available in the THR Editor)
- Guitar Output
- USB/Aux Output
- User Memory Switch x 5
- Tap/Tuner Switch
- Input (Standard Mono Phone)
- Phones (Standard Stereo Phone)
- Aux In (Stereo Mini)
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Stereo Mini Cable
- Owner's Manual
- Chromatic Tuner: Yes
- Speakers: 8cm Full Range x 2
- Rated Output: 10W (5W + 5W)
- Power Source: AC Adaptor EADP-38EB A or UIB345-1530 (Included)
- Battery: AA alkaline batteries (approx. 6 hours) or Nickel-hydride batteries (approx. 7 hours) * Depending upon usage and conditions
- Dimensions: Width 360mm, Height 183.5mm, Depth 140mm
- Weight: 2.8kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.