Akai APC 40 mk2 USB Ableton Live Controller
Akai APC 40 mk2 USB Ableton Live ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 46197View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The APC40 Legacy
In 2009, Akai Professional collaborated with the creators of Ableton Live, a powerful music performance and production software environment, and introduced the original Ableton Performance Controller, the APC40. The instrument raised the standards of controller design, revolutionized hardware and software integration, and proved to be an essential performance tool for Ableton Live users everywhere. Building upon this original partnership, Akai Professional now introduces an all-new, re-imagined Ableton Live controller, the APC40 mkII.
You Asked, We Listened
The new APC40 mkII incorporates five years of user feedback into its design. Almost every aspect of the original APC40 has been deliberated, reworked, and improved to provide extended controller functionality, countless musical capabilities, and a smarter workflow. In addition to its sleek look, veteran APC40 users will immediately notice the enhancements that include an RGB clip-launching grid, reinforced fader design, revised knob lay out, and much more.
Get On The Grid
APC40 mkII features a 5x8 RGB clip-launching grid that's built for dexterous exploration: launch clips and create or perform your song from the ground up using 40 responsive triggers. RGB lighting provides visual feedback and displays three clip statuses (loaded, playing, and recording) so you can intelligently perform without looking at your computer. You can also colour code your clips with the RGB lighting for advanced visual organization, and use the Shift button and directional arrows to manipulate the scope of the 5x8 grid.
APC40 mkII comes equipped with an array of assignable faders and knobs: nine reinforced faders and eight channel control knobs are arranged in-line with each channel for an intuitive layout and smarter workflow. Eight Device Control knobs make it easy to tweak device parameters and light up to provide visual feedback of each parameter. In addition, the Sends button enable users to cycle through all eight send buses right from their APC40 mkII. The A/B crossfader has also been reworked and can be assigned and re-assigned without ever having to touch the mouse.
APC40 mkII comes pre-mapped to Live for an instant performance and production setup. When APC40 mkII is plugged into your computer, its hardware controls correspond 1 to 1 with Ableton Live's interface (no additional configuring is required). In addition, all of APC40 mkII's controls can be re-assigned on the fly for customized setups that change with your performance or production style. APC40 mkII is also powered over USB and supports plug-and-play connectivity, allowing you to take this controller from the studio to the stage or wherever you go. Whether you are an electronic music artist and Live is your canvas, a DJ using Live for performance and real-time mixing, or a more traditional musician using Live on stage or in the studio, you will find the APC40 mkII to be the intuitive, powerful instrument that directly links your inspiration with Ableton Live.
Powerful Production Suite
APC40 mkII comes packed with a music production suite that includes a version of Ableton Live, two high-definition virtual synthesizers, and 5GB of professional samples and loops for immediate out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas in a fluid audio/MIDI environment. Also included is the Puremagnetik Effect Racks, a collection of over 200 sophisticated audio effects engineered for instant sound sculpting. This collection comes packed with an endless variety of channel strips, DJ and live sound effects, glitch racks, amp racks, modulators, filters, beat processors, and noise boxes. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a virtual synthesizer for electronic musicians, DJs, sound designers, and music producers who love to get their hands dirty. Create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy, modern leads and everything in between. SONiVOX Twist is a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument. Comprised of a dynamic interface, an advanced pattern generator, and onboard effects, Twist lets you create serious sounds using simple controls. Finally, five Toolroom artist launch packs and five Prime Loops sample packs feature an eclectic mix of sounds from today's electronic music scene. Jumpstart your inspiration with these premium instrumental loops, drum kits, one-shots, and more.
- Provides hands-on and in depth control of Ableton Live
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live (v9.1.3+)
- 5x8 Clip-launch matrix with RGB feedback for clip status and colour coding
- 9 Channel faders, 8 control knobs, and 8 device controls interface with Ableton Live
- USB-powered and plug-and-play connectivity for Mac and PC
- Sends button for quick access to 8 send buses
- Assignable A/B crossfader for dynamic mixing on the fly
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
- Revised knob layout with in-line controls for streamlined workflow
- Includes a range of advanced software for professional production (downloadable)
- Ableton Live Lite with Puremagnetik Effect Racks
- Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech
- SONiVOX Twist
- Prime Loops sample packs
- Toolroom Records artist launch packs
- Assignable Knobs: 8 x 360° (Pan/Send/Assignable)
- Control Knobs: 8 x 360° (Device Control Knobs)
- Cue Level Knob: 1 x 360°
- Tempo Knob: 1 x 360°
- Pads: 40 x Backlit (RGB) Clip Launch Buttons (8 x 5 Matrix)
- Scene Launch Buttons: 5
- Faders: 8 x 45mm (Track Volume), 1 x 45mm (Master Volume), 1 x 45mm (Crossfader)
- Inputs/Outputs: 1 x USB, 1 x 1.4" TS (Footswitch Input)
- Power: USB Bus Powered
- Height: 1.8"
- Width: 16.7"
- Depth: 10.0"
- Weight: 1.8 Kg
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 or 10.8
- Processor: Intel
- RAM: 2GB
- Connections: 1 x USB
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- Processor: Multicore
- RAM: 2GB
- Connections: 1 x USB
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.