Analogue Solutions Polymath Modular Synth with Sequencer and Arp
Analogue Solutions Polymath Modular Synth with Sequencer and ArpDetails
Product Ref: 59594View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
What is Paraphonic?
Ideally, for full ?polyphony? in an analogue synth you effectively need a complete analogue synth per voice. That is VCO, VCF, EG and VCA. For an analogue synth this is an expensive affair. So a few synths were Paraphonic (for example the Korg Monopoly). This mean that you still had a VCO per voice, but they shared a single VCF, VCA and EG. This provided cost and space savings.
Why is Polymath using the paraphonic method?We chose to go Para? not so much to save money or space, but because to make a truly polyphonic modular synth becomes a patcher?s nightmare. I know, we have done it using discrete modules. You end up with a sea of patch cables and you can barely get to any of the synth?s knobs. We wanted Polymath to be a fully patchable, versatile analogue synth, as well as being polyphonic not just a one trick pony. Going Para? was a good comprise, allowing it to both be manageable (patching wise) and polyphonic.
Polymath is Fully ModularIn the sense that every thing can be detached and repatched. It doesn't have to be used as a poly synth or a traditional ?mono synth?. It can be repatched to do whatever you wish. Circuits can be isolated and used in conjunction with other modular synths or synths such as the Telemark. The position of important patch points have been placed close together, where possible, so shorter patch leads can be used that won?t obscure too much front panel. For example, Mixer Out jack is placed next to the VCF Audio In jack. This means that it can be patched up to be a mono/poly synth with a minimal amount of cables or front panel-obscuring! Some voltages are pre-patched in a sense, via quick and easy to use front panel pot?s or switches, but they can all be effectively removed from the circuit by setting them to zero.
- 4 VCOs. Each have Pulse Width, Portamento, Saw wave, Square Wave, CV inputs, CV outputs, Sync. VCO1 has Sub-Osc output
- Multimode VCF based on (not a clone) the Oberheim SEM (LPF, BPF, HPF, Notch) with multiple CV control
- Audio input, to allow processing of external audio (vocals, for example, from your DAW, etc) through the filter
- 2 LFOs
- 2 ADSR Envelopes
- 8 Step Analogue Sequencer with sliders
- Arpeggiator ? with Up, Down, Up/Down modes and Octave range
- Poly Mode (Paraphonic)
- Note Trig/ReTrig
- Unison Mode for mega-fatness
- Ring Modulation
- Sample and Hold
- Spring Reverb ? a triple spring Accutronics unit is used
- MIDI to CV Converter
- Headphone Amp
- Real Wood sides made by Lamond Design
- 2 LED Gooseneck Lamps included
- Solid steel and aluminium construction
- Carry handle
- Includes an assortment of patch cables
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.