API 550B Discrete 4 Band EQ
API 550B Discrete 4 Band EQDetails
Product Ref: 61726View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
''Proportional Q'' Control
Saul Walker (The founder of API) designed the ''Proportional Q'' control in the '60s, allowing for the widening of the filter bandwidth at minimal settings whilst narrowing it at higher settings, without the need for additional bandwidth controls. This feature helps to minimise the phase-shift sound found in many equalizer units.
Based On The Classic 550
The 550b is based on the API's original 550 developed in the late '60's. The original 550 played a pivotal role in the history of music recording, being a prominent fixture in many recording studios. The API 550b is an updated version of the classic EQ, with an additional filter band and several new frequencies, hand-picked by the industry's finest sound engineers.
The API 500 Series
The API 500 Series focuses on high sound quality and longevity at an affordable price range. Considering most studio rigs undergo a large amount of swapping and changing between equipment, the API 500 series is designed to last, from its high quality components down to its rugged and durable design.
- Four bands of our famous sounding equalization
- Each band offers seven API selected frequency centers
- Reciprocal and repeatable filtering
- 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- EQ band 1 and 4 offer shelf/peak switching
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- High headroom +30 dB clip level
- Re-issue of 1967 API 550 EQ with an extra band
- Numbers Of Bands: 4
- Filter Type: "Low" and "High" bands are Peak/Shelf switchable. Low-Mid and Mid-High are peaking type
- Filter Frequency Centers: Low: 30, 40, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400Hz Low-Mid: 75, 150, 180, 240, 500, 700, 1Khz Mid-High: 800, 1.5K, 3K, 5K, 8K, 10K, 12.5K High: 2.5K, 5K, 7K, 10K, 12.5K, 15K, 20K
- Filter Boost/Cut: ±12 dB
- Filter Slope: 12 dB per Octave
- Input Impedance: 18.5 K +4 in, 7.5 K -2 in
- Output Impedance: Less than 75 Ohms
- Nominal Levels: -15 to +15 dBu
- Clipping Level: +30 dBu @ ±16 V
- Frequency Response: +0, -.3, 30 to 20 kHz
- Noise: Actual, unw noise, Distortion: .07 max, @ +18 dBu Output
- Connectors: 15 position .156sp edge connector
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.