View Full Description
Sitting right on your desktop and letting you switch easily between sets of studio monitors and different stereo sources, you can even send musicians custom headphone mixes while you communicate with them via a built-in Talkback microphone.
Precise Level Control
With a simple, intuitive and big volume control knob, you can reach a higher degree of precision with much more speed than you would by using a mouse and screen.
Choose between three monitors to get the best mix possible. The Big Knob lets you make a quick selection of any combination whether that's three studio monitors, two studio monitors and a subwoofer, or add in a home stereo. The possbilities are endless!
The Mackie Big Knob also lets you select your input source, and lets you connect up to four stereo input sources at one time. Connect your computer or DAW outputs, CD player, cassette deck, even your turntable using the premium onboard RIAA preamp. Not forgetting instruments, connect your keyboards, guitars and drum machines.
Talkback Section & Headphone Control
Quickly and efficiently connect with musicians in the studio and tracking room with the Big Knob's Talkback mic. High-powered headphone outputs with a discrete headphone mix bus solve the communication issues of most computer-based studios.
These features on the Big Knob make crucial parts of studio work simple and enjoyable, whilst still providing excellent sound quality with ultra low-noise amps, low-tolerance components and long-term reliability. Highly connective with varied inputs and outputs, Mackie have created an extremely useful piece of kit that fits right into your workspace.
"It is the best-designed, best-packaged controller I've tried at anything like this price."
- Paul White, Sound On Sound Magazine
"Mackie have listened to musicians and granted them their wish for a practical, small machine that can sit on your desk... The inner sanctum of musicianship has now decided that this is the ultimate monitor
- Digital Musician
For further information about the Mackie Big Knob Studio Command System, please download the PDF from the link below.
- Analog Inputs: DAW, 2-track A, 2-track B, DAW Phones Mix (all 1/4" TRS, switchable =4/-10); Phono (RCA); talkback footswitch (1/4")
- Monitor Outputs: Monitor A, Monitor B, Monitor C, Studio Out (all 1/4" TRS, switchable =4/-10)
- Headphone Outputs: Front panel 1/4" TRS (2)
- Other Analog Outputs: 2-track A, 2-track B, DAW, Phones amp (all 1/4" TRS)
- Controls: Source Select (4), Speaker Select (3), Mono, Mute, Dim, Source Level (4), Monitor Level (3), Headphone Level (2), Studio Out Level, Volume, Talkback Level, Phones/Studio Out Source, Studio Out On/Off, Talkback to 2-Tracks, Talkback to Phones/Studio, +4/-10 Switches (for all sources and mixdown I/O)
- Meters: 6-stage LED ladder (2)
- Talkback: Built-in Microphone, footswitchable
- Level Matching: Back-panel knobs, for sources and monitors
- Format: Stereo
- Form Factor: Desktop Unit
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 100kHz, +0/-3dB
- THD=IMD: >0.015% @ +4dBu
- Crosstalk: 90dB @ 1kHz
- Noise Floor: -90dB, 20kHz bandwidth, +4dB
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.