Drawmer MX50-Pro Dual Vocal De-Esser
Drawmer MX50-Pro Dual Vocal De-EsserDetails
Product Ref: 72636View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The MX50-Pro Dual Vocal De-Esser excels in defining and isolating the human voice and has been specifically designed with capabilities to deal with the unpredictable parameters it brings with it.An often untamable and unpredictable signal, the human voice has provided many a sound engineer with incalculable difficulties in both live and recording situations. With something that has a nortoriously volatile nature comes a precise and engineered solution at the hand of the Drawmer MX50-Pro. The MX50 has been desinged to overcome sibilant sounds like S's and T's that are often over-emphasised by the human voice.
The MX50 also posseses other qualities that enable it overcome unwanted signals from a variety of other instruments. Features such as 'smoothing' reduce string noise on acoustic guitars and reduce the sound of breathing on flutes. Such processing is achievd by adjusting two control parameters, Frequency and De-Ess. This fully variable frequency control ranges from 800HZ to 8KHZ, a range that completely encopasses the full sibilant spectrum. This is then followed by a variable De-Ess which acts as a more refined control that allows up to 20 DB of gain reduction at the users selected frequency.
- Floating Threshold System: This intelligent Drawmer circuitry has a floating Threshold that adapts to the dynamics and level of the incoming material, eliminating the need for a manual Threshold control and creating more natural results.
- Air function:As sibilance rarely occurs above 10KHz this feature adds back high frequency 'gloss' in excess of 12KHz preserving upper harmonics and increasing the transparency of operation.
- ,b>Frequency: This control selects the frequency band in which the de-esser operates. In Split Band mode this control also determines the split point above which gain reduction will take place. The control is continuously variable from 800Hz to 8KHz and covers the full sibilant range.
- De-Ess:Adjusts the amount of gain reduction that will take place when a sibilant sound has been detected. Up to a maximum of 20dB may be applied. This control uses an intelligent Floating Threshold circuitry which removes the need for a manual De-Ess Threshold control. One of the benefits of this design approach is that during quiet passages the sibilants are held to a level which is relative to the original signal.
- Split Band De-Ess: Split Band operation will only reduce the selected frequencies above the value set via the Frequency control. In most situations this mode, in conjunction with the Air function, offers the most transparent de-essing. Status LED illuminates when engaged.
- Full Band De-Ess:Full Band operation will reduce the total signal level in response to signals in the selected frequency band. Status LED illuminates when engaged.
- Air:The Air control enables frequencies above the sibilant band to be retained, greatly increasing transparency of the de-essing process. During normal use it is recommended to keep the Air function active for both Split Band and Full Band de-essing. Status LED illuminates when engaged.
- Link:Depressing this switch configures the unit for stereo operation where the average left/right signal level is used as the Floating Threshold. In linked mode the red status LED beneath the link switch will illuminate.
- De-Ess Gain Reduction Display: A nine segment LED bargraph shows how much gain reduction is being applied up to a maximum of 20dB. In Full Band mode gain reduction is applied to the whole signal, whilst in Split Band mode only frequencies above the value set on the frequency control are subject to gain reduction.
- Bypass:The Bypass position routes the input signal to the output with no processing. These switches are independant of any linking and will only bypass their respective channel. Status LED illuminates when engaged.
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.