API 527 Compressor/Limiter
API 527 Compressor/LimiterDetails
Product Ref: 61725View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Patented THRUST Circuitry
The ''THRUST'' circuit found in most of the API series is a process that inserts a High pass Filter at the RMS detector input, limiting compression response to lower frequencies while applying additional compression to higher frequencies. With three variable options:- Norm, Med and Loud, the THRUST function can be set to affect your audio in the way you want.In Norm mode, there is no filter and the 2500 functions like a normal compressor. In Med mode, there is a slight attenuation of the low frequencies and a slight boost of the high frequencies, with a flat mid range affecting the signal into the RMS detector. This reduces pumping caused by low frequencies and increases the RMS detectors’ sensitivity to higher frequencies, affecting higher frequency signal peaks. In Loud mode, a gradual linear filter attenuates level by 15dB at 20hz and increases level by 15dB at 20khz. This decreases low frequency pumping while increasing higher frequency compression.
The API 500 Series
The API 500 Series focuses on high sound quality and longevity at an affordable price range. Considering most studio rigs undergo a large amount of swapping and changing between equipment, the API 500 series is designed to last, from its high quality components down to its rugged and durable design.
- Audio circuit uses the 2510 and 2520 Discrete Op Amps with transformer output
- Continuously variable detented Threshold control
- Continuously variable detented Attack and Release controls
- Continuously variable detented Ratio control
- Output Fader level control
- 10 segment VU/Gain Reduction meter with selector switch
- Overload LED
- "Link" switch for multiple unit interdependent compression linking
- "New"/"Old" switch for feed-forward or feed-back compression
- "Hard"/"Soft" compression curve knee switch
- Patented THRUST® switch for frequency dependent side chain control
- "IN" switch with hard relay bypass when in the "Out" position
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.